Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny about that ... it's like the models are trying to have simultaneous progressivity and not playing out through the middle range... 

There is also a 2010 style vort lobe that moves over us..if that wasn't there, it might allow it to come north. This little vort lobe does retro west, but not quick enough.

Maybe it can go further north, but the odds of that aren't high.

LOL, she ain't humming.

Well maybe she is, but its not going to stop the pattern from doign what it wants. I still think Mar 10-11 looks interesting if next week is too far south....def a risk of a cutter in that Mar 10 setup but could also be forced out under us in split flow.

Well maybe she is, but its not going to stop the pattern from doign what it wants. I still think Mar 10-11 looks interesting if next week is too far south....def a risk of a cutter in that Mar 10 setup but could also be forced out under us in split flow.

I wonder if mid month is more favorable than anything over the next two weeks? Kind of looks that way.

She can sing, but she may be singing to herself.

I wonder if mid month is more favorable than anything over the next two weeks? Kind of looks that way.

She can sing, but she may be singing to herself.

Yeah it almost looks like we are getting that progressive PNA trough moving east and giving us the risk of that cutter around 3/11...at the same time NAO temporarily breaks down...then it seems the models are reloading the PAC and try to rebuild the NAO a bit for mid month and beyond. Hard to decipher how it all plays out because there's some many mixed signals...but it certainly doesn't look like a torch...and there should continue to be plenty of shortwaves rolling into the flow.

ECM and GFS both hitting a potential big upslope event in this March 1-8 period with the retrograding low and persistent moist NW flow.  This could be pretty big on the north slope of the Whites and the northern Greens/Adirondacks.

Multi-day event from Saturday through Tuesday?  Classic upslope signature to the QPF fields...

Archived