12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually flips all of us over to a little -ra/dz since it floods us with warmer air at 850, but not before a paste job, esp inland.

Bl looked pretty cold as modeled albeit 6 dqys out for the brunt of the qpf before everyone flips at the end. Signs are growing for a big time event to me.

Bl looked pretty cold as modeled albeit 6 dqys out for the brunt of the qpf before everyone flips at the end. Signs are growing for a big time event to me.

Yeah there is a pocket of cold air that moves in from the ne which is good. It becomes a classic wrapped up spring cutoff but another 50 miles NW and it's a condo collapser.

Kevin cutter potential around the 10th. It gets closer afterwards.

That's a rough period of the season to waste time with a cutter, especially further south and lower elevations.  Every 5 days in March seems to make a big difference in the ability to snow, especially if the next threat doesn't show up till mid-March or later.

That's a rough period of the season to waste time with a cutter, especially further south and lower elevations.  Every 5 days in March seems to make a big difference in the ability to snow, especially if the next threat doesn't show up till mid-March or later.

I'm guessing this is our final major threat but then again April fools can walk through the door.....

That's a rough period of the season to waste time with a cutter, especially further south and lower elevations. Every 5 days in March seems to make a big difference in the ability to snow, especially if the next threat doesn't show up till mid-March or later.

Eh, a cutter in January is way worse IMHO. In March winter is already checking out so no big deal.

I'd love a KU before MORCH! Give me 15" then 70s.... That would be a dream come true lol

We are completely on the same page.  A big event gets the snow pack up past 2feet (have 12-18 here now), then it melts, gets warm and the peas and greens go into the freshly tilled garden.  The days of laying in the hammock on the screened porch are nearing!

What a storm on the Euro/GFS!

That would be super exciting... almost a colder Dec '92 storm lol

Certainly would generate powerful winds along the coast for an extended period of time. I believe we are in between the full and new moon at that time, but a fetch like that would still generate serious coastal flooding. The airmass overall is quite stale so we are going to need a bombing low to generate its own cold air. Long ways away but definitely intriguing signs on the guidance .

Def mor einteresting on the 00z guidance....Euro ensembles show more cutter potential for 3/11 but then they actually got a lot colder for afterward....kind of the reload pattern that Scooter and I talked about yesterday, so I don't think we'd be done after 3/7 in that scenario.

Euro ensembles came way north with the 3/7 threat but still too far SE for us except for a scraper.

It's an intense storm. Nasty cut-off. Will be a slow mover. Just need to figure out where it goes... not locking anything but we'll see it definitely has some potential. 

If the whole system gets flipped north with better spacing, it would probably be another HECS...at least for the interior, but even the coast would probably do well too.

Lot of time though to fgure it out. I can still easily see this missing us SE.

If the whole system gets flipped north with better spacing, it would probably be another HECS...at least for the interior, but even the coast would probably do well too.

Lot of time though to fgure it out. I can still easily see this missing us SE.

Yeah it has the look of a HECS but you're right it could just as easily totally whiff. High stakes here. Would love a big storm. 

very, very rarely it seems that the M/A receives a major snow and we do not.    Esp.  in March?   Maybe that's wrong.   I'm still confident in this pattern , anyway.

I had this thought last night as I was going to bed last night...major storm for all of VA with no threat to SNE in March? Tough to buy.

That said that's just one run of the Euro at 150 hours out...no need to get too excited just yet...but certainly something to watch the next couple days. Would be nice to end this winter with a decent event that gets me over 50". Of course the question IMBY this time of year if this thing comes together won't be whether we taint...it's for how long?

Archived