Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big differences between GFS and Euro aloft.  But I like the Euro look.  Don't want to see such an extreme negatively tilted trof.

Yeah def time for it to come north...I'd like to see it phase in some of that energy left over the northern plains. Probably would help it out a bit for those of us in NE.

Ryan hoping for rain or a miss? What is the world coming to?

I wouldn't mind a KU. I said earlier I'd be fine with like 15" followed by sun and 70s.

February was a long month... I'm getting over winter. Probably will squeeze out 2 more ski trips so some snow would be good. 

How can anyone ever get over winter....  LOL   WE have to deal with seven months + in the wilderness starting in a few weeks.

I wouldn't mind a KU. I said earlier I'd be fine with like 15" followed by sun and 70s.

February was a long month... I'm getting over winter. Probably will squeeze out 2 more ski trips so some snow would be good. 

Wouldn't we need negatively tilted to have much hope this far north?

Probably, esp if the bowling ball vormax drops to southern Georgia like the GFS shows.  But it might not track that far SE, and therefore we might not need such a convoluted and extreme h5 evolution to get precip northward.

You know this is a potential heart break set-up for places at least DC south as the north trend may continue a bit further.  Although if seasonal trends hold it will stop about 50 miles southeast of me.  Hah

So DC gets almost no snow all winter, then get a monster snow storm in March, wow. What is their average high this time of year, almost 50?

Yeah dropping it so far south is pretty anomalous.  I have seen a lot of 5H lows modelled to take cray south solutions, but correct north with time.

Probably, esp if the bowling ball vormax drops to southern Georgia like the GFS shows.  But it might not track that far SE, and therefore we might not need such a convoluted and extreme h5 evolution to get precip northward.

How can anyone ever get over winter....  LOL   WE have to deal with seven months + in the wilderness starting in a few weeks.

Hey did you squeeze out any more snow after after the 7" Wed morning?  It's been warm in the valley with occasional light rain.  Although we just had a graupel shower come through.

Archived