• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

I dunno if I'd call it the southern outlier...its definitely south of multiple members I'd imagine though because the ensemble mean does get about a quarter inch of QPF into SNE. The ens mean takes the storm due east but its ariel coverage is greater which implies some members north.

I should have been more specific; I was talking about the 500mb surface, only - but if the mean is SE of the op with SFC, while NW at 500mb there's something wrong -

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope.  Just powder powder powder. 

BTV's got 6 straight periods of "snow likely" in the forecast right now, and a -NAO building to the end of the season usually works better up here than in mid-winter when its a straight suppressed pattern.  -NAO towards the end of March and April can be sweet in NNE.

Yep and going to take full advantage.

Nope. Just powder powder powder.

BTV's got 6 straight periods of "snow likely" in the forecast right now, and a -NAO building to the end of the season usually works better up here than in mid-winter when its a straight suppressed pattern. -NAO towards the end of March and April can be sweet in NNE.

Yeah, I'm looking at Wildcat's forecast as I'll be right next door at Carter Notch tomorrow and it's snow in every panel until Tuesday. Nice snowy period for the regular favored places. Hvy hvy snowshoes tmw morning.

Yeah, I'm looking at Wildcat's forecast as I'll be right next door at Carter Notch tomorrow and it's snow in every panel until Tuesday. Nice snowy period for the regular favored places. Hvy hvy snowshoes tmw morning.

Nice!  Enjoy.  I'm jealous of how often you get out to different mountains.  That's the one thing I wish I had...more time & flexibility to go elsewhere once in a while instead of a 6-7 day per week program on Mansfield.

It looks like there should be another wintry period March 15-20 after the relaxation around the 10th. Even if we miss a huge snowstorm with the Mar 6-7 event, I'd expect everyone down to PHL/NYC to have another shot at a coastal snowstorm and cold weather in mid-March. Due to recent mild years people have forgotten that we frequently have snow until the equinox here in the NYC suburbs. 

10.5 at high, not really, long fetch though if this stalls. The erosion is incredible up your way, saw a video the other day.

A lot of the dunes are damaged. The town got really fooked. Many said worst storm since '78. Although cstl flooding nothing like it.

A lot of the dunes are damaged. The town got really fooked. Many said worst storm since '78. Although cstl flooding nothing like it.

Yea those were some nasty tree losses, had to have had microbursts in there. I know that I felt winds like never before at my house and saw some bad damage in SRI, nothing like that but man some of those mesonets had huge winds.

not even worried, if it happens it happens, 133 is the only number I am watching this month. You know exactly what i mean

Same here, it's a cool threat but we'll see where it is in 2-3 days. 

132 right now.  Going to be a fun March and April.    I ended up staying put this weekend, we will have to catch up up there before the end of the year.

Same here, it's a cool threat but we'll see where it is in 2-3 days. 

132 right now.  Going to be a fun March and April.    I ended up staying put this weekend, we will have to catch up up there before the end of the year.

Okemo this week  Maybe Sunapee next, 17 -24th SR,17th Wildcat, 25-26th Saddleback is the plan

Yea those were some nasty tree losses, had to have had microbursts in there. I know that I felt winds like never before at my house and saw some bad damage in SRI, nothing like that but man some of those mesonets had huge winds.

They all went out during the height too. I asked Ryan when he had a sec, to look back at the vel data. You had to see the damage..never seen anything like it.

Archived