e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Late February 2013 Mid-Long Range Discussion

TUweathermanDD

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you, read through this NE thread and see how many people in NE thought they would get days of snow and they got diddly last night into today and will get a hair over diddly over the next few days

Euro has sucked in the 5+ day range

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/39457-feb-27th-threat-to-be-discussed-in-time-but-it-should-tend-to-more-miller-b/

Not disagreeing, but how much of that was a product of the pattern we had?  I could be way off, but my feeling is that models do much better in a slower, blocking scenario.

Not saying that any model is depicting an accurate outcome at this point, but I do think they've got the right idea and aren't totally out to lunch.

168 hr crushes you guys with 60-75 kts at H85 and a 993 hPa sfc low off of Hatteras.

how many inches could this be? sorry to ask, ,pastor wants to know ballpark figure. thanks. Big meeting at church, been canceled once for sandy..live in columbia area, church southwest of baltimore betwn halto and columbia md. The event is being done by our kitchen help. a lot of prep has to be done. Appreciate any advise you an give.Much obliged.

168 hr crushes you guys with 60-75 kts at H85 and a 993 hPa sfc low off of Hatteras.

how many inches could this be? sorry to ask, ,pastor wants to know ballpark figure. thanks. Big meeting at church, been canceled once for sandy..live in columbia area, church southwest of baltimore betwn halto and columbia md. The event is being done by our kitchen help. a lot of prep has to be done. Appreciate any advise you an give.Much obliged.

Since you're a church guy, I'm gonna be nice. It's way too far out to be discussing details, especially given that this winter has featured plenty of fizzles. With the winter we've had, even 84 hours out isn't a safe time to firm up a storm. You should come back on Saturday and I'm sure we'll have a better handle on if a storm is even going to happen. I wouldn't even mention a storm to your pastor at this time.

Since you're a church guy, I'm gonna be nice. It's way too far out to be discussing details, especially given that this winter has featured plenty of fizzles. With the winter we've had, even 84 hours out isn't a safe time to firm up a storm. You should come back on Saturday and I'm sure we'll have a better handle on if a storm is even going to happen. I wouldn't even mention a storm to your pastor at this time.

thanks he already saw it on a site called weatherboy, which I have never heard of. I,l just keep reading , Thanks for the courtesy, though He emailed me and asked me how much, that is why I asked.

6z GFS has the storm, just way too far south still and off the coast. No turn north.

I think most will agree it's not a bad thing that the gfs is a wide swing south at this point. The euro made a mention in the LWX discussion.

THE NEXT LOW LOOKS TO TRACK ACROSS THE MID-SOUTH STATES EARLY NEXT WEEK AND IMPACT THE MID-ATLANTIC IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. WAY TOO EARLY TO TAKE AN OPERATIONAL RUN VERBATIM /AKA THE 00Z ECMWF/...SO WILL SIMPLY HAVE TO MONITOR THE POTENTIAL FOR LATE SEASON SNOW AS THE DAYS PROGRESS.

&&

I think most will agree it's not a bad thing that the gfs is a wide swing south at this point. The euro made a mention in the LWX discussion.

THE NEXT LOW LOOKS TO TRACK ACROSS THE MID-SOUTH STATES EARLY NEXT WEEK AND IMPACT THE MID-ATLANTIC IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. WAY TOO EARLY TO TAKE AN OPERATIONAL RUN VERBATIM /AKA THE 00Z ECMWF/...SO WILL SIMPLY HAVE TO MONITOR THE POTENTIAL FOR LATE SEASON SNOW AS THE DAYS PROGRESS.

&&

Agreed. For me, the bigger takeaway is that the storm exists on all the majors at this point. 

thanks he already saw it on a site called weatherboy, which I have never heard of. I,l just keep reading , Thanks for the courtesy, though He emailed me and asked me how much, that is why I asked.

I'd say he has a pretty good chance of getting 5-7 inches in the backend.......of the storm. Lot's of blowing with this event too.

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS
CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.
1145 AM EST WED 27 FEBRUARY 2013
SUBJECT: WINTER STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (WSPOD)
         VALID 28/1100Z TO 01/1100Z MARCH 2013
         WSPOD NUMBER.....12-089

I.  ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS
    1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.
    2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY.....NEGATIVE.

II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS
    1. FLIGHT ONE --NOAA 49--
       A. P-99/ 125.0W/ 01/0000Z
       B. NOAA9 18WSC TRACK99
       C. 28/1900Z
       D. DROPS EVERY 150NM ALONG TRACK BETWEEN
          150.OW AND 125.0W
       E. AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE/ 01/0600Z

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK.....NEGATIVE.

Archived