joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late February 2013 Mid-Long Range Discussion

TUweathermanDD

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts on Fri night into Sat morning? It's still cold during that time.

Looks like the air is tainted above 850 before the precip even gets here tho if it's dry might get some snow to start.. mainly sleet thru about 12z or so? might get some freezing rain then rain. I guess you can improve on the margins at least tho I don't think it's going to work out as a good event.

NAM @ 84 hours looks pretty interesting. It has a more robust low over NE which would potentially create a colder storm for the one near Texas. I mean, wouldn't you look at this and be like damn this is a good setup.

nam.gif

Well, I asked in the prior thread about Monday night. The GFS was pretty close for Mon night into Tues.

NAM @ 84 hours looks pretty interesting. It has a more robust low over NE which would potentially create a colder storm for the one near Texas. I mean, wouldn't you look at this and be like damn this is a good setup. 

attachicon.gifnam.gif

except when you loop the 5H map the end of the run is a redux of the beginning with the NS trough poised to move NE thanks to no blocking

the way I see the models, they keep replaying the same loosing scenario for us, more or less, hence I fail to see optimism for more than the sake of optimism (aka blind hope)

Looks like the air is tainted above 850 before the precip even gets here tho if it's dry might get some snow to start.. mainly sleet thru about 12z or so? might get some freezing rain then rain. I guess you can improve on the margins at least tho I don't think it's going to work out as a good event.

I was looking at the upper air info for KOKV and all the levels are either below freezing or within 1 degree except the 850 level. I don't even know what level precip generally begins at, or if we might get some evaporational cooling, or if the precip (snow) would just power through marginal levels with heavy precip, but it looks wet with marginal temps. That has to be better than dry with good temps.

I just want a delayed opening so I can sleep in.

except when you loop the 5H map the end of the run is a redux of the beginning with the NS trough poised to move NE thanks to no blocking

the way I see the models, they keep replaying the same loosing scenario for us, more or less, hence I fail to see optimism for more than the sake of optimism (aka blind hope)

Your opinion has been established Mitch....I'm pretty sure we all know how you feel...just sayin

You do it every year...I'm not gonna argue with you...enjoy your misery

why do you always take objection to discussions of realistic chances of snow?

as long as reality isn't part of the discussion, you're fine

there does come a time when we really need to discuss realistic chances of snow vs. pure weenie hope and prayer

and if realistic discussions of snow chances makes me miserable, then I hope you feel better now that you got that off your chest

come on man, it is just the weather

I actually sort of disagree with his assessment anyway.   It does look like a pretty interesting set up like Hizenburg said.

Randy, the 18Z GFS looked very similar to tonight's 84 hr NAM and it became another rainstorm on the GFS and no other model shows anything but rain for us out of that system

that along with the fact it looked like a redux of the pattern is why I said what I said

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?model=gfs&area=namer&param=500_vort_ht&cycle=18ℑ=gfs%2F18%2Fgfs_namer_090_500_vort_ht.gif

Archived