• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late February 2013 Mid-Long Range Discussion

TUweathermanDD

Weenie post: If the GFS ends up being right for really the first time over the EURO, thats just the last stab in our backs, final middle finger to us by this crappy winter. Wow! Still 5 days out though. Lol

Dec 26, Jan 25, just to throw out a quickie.

I agree with WxUSA, the Euro has given me days and days and feet and feet of snow this year.  GFS has just said screw you at 7+ days and held the course all the way through the storm (or lack thereof).

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I saw the 500 and vort panels... Phase or more luck than we've had in 2 years is required...

Not apples to apples but the ull that was poised to rake nc last month ended up further north and those changes came just a couple days before the event. I know it's not a great comparison but relatively vigorous ulls end up with a further north track more often than not. IIRC- we had hard core confluence to our n with that system. Brick wall style. And even then it just scraped our southern zone when nothing was expected just 2 days before the event.

I'm pretty much expecting future runs to back off on the surpressive solutions but idk if we can get this to phase in time or at all. Luckily, there's plenty of time and nothing is set in stone. Let's hope the dream run holds off till monday though. lol

GFS ns vorts seem to always end up north of where modeled a few days out.

GGEM for what its worth is a total phase but its off in its own planet about how the whole thing evolves, basically instead of phasing the northern vort into the southern one, it phases the manitoba mauler into the northern h5 low and thus the whole things lifts up into the lakes.  I would say its on crack except that sounds all too familiar. 

the JMA shows just like the GFS unfortunately. Remarkable consensus 7 days out. Dosent mean much of course

Really shows how much easier it is for models to "see" down the road when there's a block. It's been a while.

With that being said, models will likely move in relative tandem going forward as block and ull to our N are better resolved.

the JMA shows just like the GFS unfortunately. Remarkable consensus 7 days out. Dosent mean much of course

The models were lock step with each other on the last one at 72+ hours.  I even made a post about it.  I think it does mean something.  It means the odds aren't in our favor.

The models were lock step with each other on the last one at 72+ hours.  I even made a post about it.  I think it does mean something.  It means the odds aren't in our favor.

notice that as each run gets closer to the event, the run gets worse not better. Thats been the theme of the winter

Damn, this is a sad time.  Our best and most optimistic cheerleader is defeated.   Is this where we are?    Has it come to this????

Larry Cosgrove who hyped up the March 1-3 event is calling the March 6-8 event a total non deal due to lack of blocking

If it ends up being a miss it will be because of the block and that it is located a little too far south and west.  weaken the associated trough to our northeast or move it more to the east and we might be in play.  Right now it looks like the block is going to be too strong and too far west but it still is not a done deal. 

notice that as each run gets closer to the event, the run gets worse not better. Thats been the theme of the winter

I agree with this as well.  The only storm that didn't follow that theme was the Dec 26 storm.

However, all trends and cycles get broken.  It may or may not be this time.

If it ends up being a miss it will be because of the block and that it is located a little too far south and west.  weaken the associated trough to our northeast or move it more to the east and we might be in play.  Right now it looks like the block is going to be too strong and too far west but it still is not a done deal. 

Ha!  That makes me proud.  I said exactly the same thing 3 hours ago.  I did see something correctly for once.  I can quit now.

Damn, this is a sad time.  Our best and most optimistic cheerleader is defeated.   Is this where we are?    Has it come to this????

The only thing I'm smart enough to look for is concensus and numbers.  When I see a bunch of models in one area, it makes me think they are correct.  That has led me to think something good was going to happen when it didn't.  So maybe this time it works for us.  As others have said, it's still a long way out there.

Even if we get the storm who's to say it's snow? I feel like we've all become stupider in the past two years.

True, the air mass isn't that cold so we still could get screwed especially if the precip falls during the day.  Plus we need the precip to be on the heavy side.  I suspect most here are aware of the problems but the system is the only game in town and could be our last chance.

I suspect most here are aware of the problems but the system is the only game in town and could be our last chance.

This.

I think most of us  know how to read a map and distinguish ptypes.   I think we're just trying to get a storm FIRST and then figure it out from t here.  It's desperate but it is what it is.

This.

I think most of us  know how to read a map and distinguish ptypes.   I think we're just trying to get a storm FIRST and then figure it out from t here.  It's desperate but it is what it is.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Good news i think.

The euro control which had been consistenly south of the OP European is now more north of it and although it dosent hit us...it does show a historic storm for SE Virginia. Its sooooooo close. Heavy precip as far north as Fredricksburg

Archived