Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 24th threat. Signal has been there for a while now

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't hug it. but i certainly use it. 

I think there's a distinct difference between acknowledging its faults and failings vs. completely omitting it from the suite of guidance one takes into consideration. And I don't think you've hugged it. But, as usual, hyperbole is being deployed.

Its the CNE and NNE winter from hell..... 3" from "Nemo"...... can't even bear to watch any more model runs with ticks south and east.  Tired of being nickle and dimed to death in the Champlain Valley.  Ugh!

Hasn't been terrible here--maybe just a hair below snowfall climo and lots of time still to come.

Latest NAM run looks pretty good for us for at least a medium event.

Lol well some of them have been using it and thinking it adds value much if this winter. Though I think the blizzard finally was the last straw except for the final few holdouts

It has its uses...just large coastal storms is where its terrible. In SWFEs its pretty solid...much better than the NAM usually.

It has its uses...just large coastal storms is where its terrible. In SWFEs its pretty solid...much better than the NAM usually.

But then why do so many of you guys incorporate it into forecasts or worry about it? I can think if countless posts from Scooter of Phil saying things like " man I wish the GFS wasn't so warm" or the GFS does worry me. If its bad on coastals why use it?

But then why do so many of you guys incorporate it into forecasts or worry about it? I can think if countless posts from Scooter of Phil saying things like " man I wish the GFS wasn't so warm" or the GFS does worry me. If its bad on coastals why use it?

Usually if the GFS is so warm, the euro is likely too. Where did that come from? Remember 12/29 when those fears were confirmed here?

Thought you guys would wanna see a version of a weenie snow map from the NAM:

SN_000-084_0000.gif

It's great that Kevin can wind up with 25" and still be screwed in the big scheme of things.  lol

Epic gradient across the Berkshires and E NY with that NAM run. Almost reminiscent of the blizzard where the east slope got pounded and it was just a pedestrian 8" event IMBY. I'd like to see it bomb out a hair earlier, but it's latitude placement would be good.

Just one more solution of what will likely be many different scenarios that will play out on the models. Still too soon for a consensus or for accumulation maps IMO.

I was afraid of this in recognize that it really only had so much northward potential.  It had/has a lot more room to stay south and then east.  But, hope springs eternal. 

Nice day here at the Beast.  Weenie flakes short lines, daughter vanished onto the trails.

Archived