Rough estimate...48hr QPF valid 48hrs

0.50" PQI-1V4-MPV

0.75" HUL-BML-RUT

1.00" CYFC-IZG-DDH

1.50" BHB-CON-POU

2.00" PWM-PSM-FIT-CEF-BDR

Map for the weenies.

http://coolwx.com/analysis/surface/current/stns.ne-large.png

Thanks for the map, as I didn't know the Fredericton code.  Puts me halfway between .75 and 1".  Unless we get into something heavier than the 5-10 dbz (or less) my place has had so far, it would be 8:1 snow grains at 5F.  Time will tell.

There's something very important I forgot to tell you! Don't cross the streams… It would be bad…

SAT_ERG2_VIS_ANI%2520%25281%2529.gif

When that punch of west to east motion over WV/ W PA slips into the underbelly of that vortex east of the Del Marv, this thing is going to wind up like a top.  

I just need this to get going....the further ne stall, and deform placement are driving me nuts

This WAS a big shift in the Euro compared to last night. It's I think 100+ miles further ENE at each time point.

The "stall" occurs around 12z Saturday. It's now 75-125 miles ENE of the earlier stall spot, which was 50-100 miles ENE of the 12z yesterday run. It'll matter come morning, particularly if it's not done.

We shall see, meso model etc time and there's a lot of precip in the meantime. The later stall though may take away a few spots on the rankings, JMHO. Who cares though, really so long as it doesn't end up another 75 miles east in reality.

In the late stages as DT was talking about, the Euro did come off the further SW stall towards some of other global guidance in shifting it further to sea.

This WAS a big shift in the Euro compared to last night. It's I think 100+ miles further ENE at each time point.

The "stall" occurs around 12z Saturday. It's now 75-125 miles ENE of the earlier stall spot, which was 50-100 miles ENE of the 12z yesterday run. It'll matter come morning, particularly if it's not done.

We shall see, meso model etc time and there's a lot of precip in the meantime. The later stall though may take away a few spots on the rankings, JMHO. Who cares though, really so long as it doesn't end up another 75 miles east in reality.

In the late stages as DT was talking about, the Euro did come off the further SW stall towards some of other global guidance in shifting it further to sea.

I thought we just may escape that last minute downgrade that distinguishes between epic, and simply historic....but alas, no such luck.

Always happens...

That actually kind of looks like the GFS I think.  Definitely not like the NAM...the NAM has a really tight circulation at 700mb.

It's a reasonable representation of the GFS. I'd take the Euro for banding signals later. The RAP continues to be interesting, take a look. I wouldn't say that it's discounting the GFS. It's been pretty steadfast in keeping on that track.

When that punch of west to east motion over WV/ W PA slips into the underbelly of that vortex east of the Del Marv, this thing is going to wind up like a top.  

Tip, do you see it being a further east/later stall?  I would think it would be earlier than depicted the way thing are currently unfolding?

I thought we just may escape that last minute downgrade that distinguishes between epic, and simply historic....but alas, no such luck.

Always happens...

Ray we can't say that yet. That's all I'm pointing out. We just don't know, but I'd rather not have seen the Euro go ENE with the stall two runs in a row because some times those things don't stop. Thankfully it's producing a ton of dynamics and moisture anyway, pre-stall.

I don't think the RAP is doing a bad job at all based on observations/radar etc. Check it out.

It's a reasonable representation of the GFS. I'd take the Euro for banding signals later. The RAP continues to be interesting, take a look. I wouldn't say that it's discounting the GFS. It's been pretty steadfast in keeping on that track.

The 17z RAP was pretty interesting, at least with respect to the 700mb low b/c it actually looks like there would be room for it to back a bit NW.

The 17z RAP was pretty interesting, at least with respect to the 700mb low b/c it actually looks like there would be room for it to back a bit NW.

RAP and Euro are pretty similar on the surface position by 0z. Same at 8h. I can't see 7h but I'm assuming the Euro is further NW as it's quite a bit NW with the moisture. We'll see right now actually, the RAP kind of skims the CT coast and doesn't really pivot everything up.

Looking at the radar the RAP isn't far enough NW with the heavy stuff by any means.

EDIT: Arbitrarily picked the 15z nam 8 hour panel vs the 18z 5 hour panel. Interesting.

RAP and Euro are pretty similar on the surface position by 0z. Same at 8h. I can't see 7h but I'm assuming the Euro is further NW as it's quite a bit NW with the moisture. We'll see right now actually, the RAP kind of skims the CT coast and doesn't really pivot everything up.

Looking at the radar the RAP isn't far enough NW with the heavy stuff by any means.

EDIT: Arbitrarily picked the 15z nam 8 hour panel vs the 18z 5 hour panel. Interesting.

The RAP and Euro do look quite similar and both would bring a crushing deform band at least through eastern MA...can rule it extending back west to like ORH and perhaps into eastern CT but the RAP/Euro seem to be on the same page for the most part.  

Archived