EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha. Not sure if you've used it yet but you can get a 30 day free trial.  Maybe this year isn't the one to do it though.

I did it a few years back so I am not sure if they will let me again since I have the same credit card still. Either way it's probably better off waiting until next winter and hope we have a Nino.

Above freezing by 42, man I just don't see it on this one. Not really worth watching, it would take a lot to even get an inch of snow.

Like it's not even a threat IMO, go do something else man lol. I like the d8 threat, but thats d8 so I'm waiting.

NAM is a nice improvement I suppose, and yes we need the slower NS to allow a better cleaner earlier phase which then switches off to the coastal low quicker and allows the high to funnel in more cold.

Still, looks like nothing really.

Hmm, I'll take a cold trend.

Yea an inch, and its not even associated with the coastal. Wow if that thing phases... boom

Agreed, these people should know when to punt when I've already punted. Dear God.

Is the gfs really that close? I guess sorta, but the low isn't gonna disappear. Digging aside and phase, it would first be good to weaken the primary faster. Looks like some quick snow here.

:facepalm:

Meh. I punt. A few flakes at the onset at best. This is clearly a NE storm from the get-go, we should prepare ourselves for some needed road-rinsing cold rain. I don't buy the NAM colder trend, plus looking at the rest of the various ensembles... this is the typical NAM snowy bias we've seen all winter that the :weenie: have clung to. I like the 2/13 possibility better, but knowing the last 2 winters so far we'll end up with a suppressed event that maybe fringes us. Longer range guidance isn't giving me hope for a cold/wet pattern, and I don't see anything on the teleconnections that would change anything.Call me a negative nancy, but I give up on the winter. :cry: Bring on the severe storms!

oh, and this post sucks too

Are you making any and all decisions for your business, and do you expect the third to sit idly by, offering nothing except enforced hard work and money to help offset your costs?

Are you making any and all decisions for your business, and do you expect the third to sit idly by, offering nothing except enforced hard work and money to help offset your costs?

It's not a business. The thread specifically states that anyone who can provide additional skills is preferred (as in we would rather have someone who CAN help make decisions instead of just doing nothing), and having a third person is beneficial for ALL involved because it's much, much cheaper than paying for a chase tour where you're cramped in a van with a bunch of yahoos.

Mark, that was a sly reference to a storm chase offer from another on this board a few months back.

I figured that might be the case, but I made the post anyway so no one gets the wrong idea.

EDIT for clarification: I don't like people insinuating falsehoods about things I am heavily invested in, real or not.

You guys should consider setting up a chase donation fund. You'd be surprised how much you would receive to help you with your ventures. Then, you probably wouldn't have to lug around some annoying noob.

I think some people would take that the wrong way... it's not a general practice for chasers to ask for donations for the sole purpose of funding a chase.

Worst storm ever

I need something else to focus on.  Reading along here for weeks has been depressing, yet I do it every day.  Don't we have something / anything else track?  I hope we can pull something out soon.  The fact that I was in Disney during the 2010 monster storms makes things even worse for me personally... 

Archived