• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February Banter Thread

burgertime

FWIW- A Met from Accuweather, Bernie Rayno prognosticates it will be Thursday evening before we can believe the models regarding the weekend storm. His explanation being that the models are not doing well with predicting where the frontal boundary will be for the low to ride due to it's current work out with the system at hand.

Sounded good anyway and does explain the lack of commitment and consensus of the NAM, GFS, Euro, Canadian and NoGaps. I know we have little faith in Achoofeather here as a collective group, but I'm looking for snowflakes anywhere I can find them for MBY this weekend.

He's half way correct.  These phase type systems are hard to get down much beyond 2-3 days if at all from my weather model watching.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must confess, when I first read your post I thought you were referencing ritualistic killings and I was trying to figure our what the difference between a moderate stoning and, say, an excessive stoning would be.  Then, I was trying to decide why you felt we should institute stonings in Atlanta.  Then, I came to my senses and realized what you were really saying.  Anyway, what a convoluted trail I was trying to follow. 

Well, that's a crazy post for number 1000...

Lol!  When you look in your rear view mirror and see a motorcycle, and two modded out whatziz's coming up on you, and passing on either side at well over 100 you wish for something to alter their moods, but maybe a good stoning wouild do the job better.  The scenes from Lord of the Flies taking place on the side of the highway, might get to some :)  But in the long run, Atl drivers are the worst I've seen, except maybe Columbia, S.C., and some European cities..  I hear Egypt and other places compete, but I've not yet had the pleasure to see in person.  Someday soon, I hope.  T

What I learned today: 1) Valkhorn is still an ***hole. 2) The trotting out of the DGEX is a sign we are in trouble with this threat. 3) Wilkes is still a big troll that some of you are enabling.

The 18z had the 0 line finding Ga again on Tues, which is a new wrinkle.  If a second cold shot grows on the maps, it might be a trailing storm, and not this weekend that pops.  I still have trouble believing in the cold this weekend, and might have to actually feel it, to firmly believe.  Plus it's modified so much, it's beginning to look less potent.  If I can't get a high below freezing, it'll be a bust to me, even with a foot of snow, lol.  I really need to feel some cold air down here, and not this namby pamby stuff all the time :)   Sure, I've felt cold a number of afternoons, but I want to actually Be cold, at least once, to get me through the dreaded summer.  T

The 18z had the 0 line finding Ga again on Tues, which is a new wrinkle. If a second cold shot grows on the maps, it might be a trailing storm, and not this weekend that pops. I still have trouble believing in the cold this weekend, and might have to actually feel it, to firmly believe. Plus it's modified so much, it's beginning to look less potent. If I can't get a high below freezing, it'll be a bust to me, even with a foot of snow, lol. I really need to feel some cold air down here, and not this namby pamby stuff all the time :) Sure, I've felt cold a number of afternoons, but I want to actually Be cold, at least once, to get me through the dreaded summer. T

Are you sure you don't miss daily storms and hot temps?

I must confess, when I first read your post I thought you were referencing ritualistic killings and I was trying to figure our what the difference between a moderate stoning and, say, an excessive stoning would be.  Then, I was trying to decide why you felt we should institute stonings in Atlanta.  Then, I came to my senses and realized what you were really saying.  Anyway, what a convoluted trail I was trying to follow. 

Well, that's a crazy post for number 1000...

:lol: Congrats on your milestone 

What I learned today: 1) Valkhorn is still an ***hole. 2) The trotting out of the DGEX is a sign we are in trouble with this threat. 3) Wilkes is still a big troll that some of you are enabling.

:lol:  

The DGEX will always hold a special place in my heart. It's not often you get to witness the blind squirrel catching the nut  :wub: 

Are you sure you don't miss daily storms and hot temps?

:angry: 

BREAKING NEWS! It's raining. 

Man, oh, man, this is the best part of a normal winter.  Raining, and raining, like there are extra helpings of rain for everyone.  Seriously, you've only seen drought here, but this is actually normal for us.  I'm up to .6 since sun down,  about i 1/2 in 24 hours, and nearing five for the last week, and it just gets harder ever few minutes.  CMan, we used to get rain, but that last good winter was 99 for rains, anecdotally.  I think the Gfs will prove true in showing a 6" or better swath through here.

I've seen it come down all night as zrain.  Just pour zrain all night.  The only rain difference this winter has been the lack of 33 and rain, and the close calls.  But the rain...it's the rain we used to get, back before air conditioning messed things up in the south, lol.  T

after reading the latest in the prez day thread, re member p0009 or something like that, made me wonder, does each member have its own set of variables, or biases, so that you could say, well that p009 is always biased toward bla bla bla, or is there no relation betwer member 9 on this storm vs member 9 on a run two weeks from now.  Reason I ask is I haven't seen any stats on whether a certain indiividual member has performed better than others members this year, like you hear about say the overall euro outperforming the overall gfs, etc

after reading the latest in the prez day thread, re member p0009 or something like that, made me wonder, does each member have its own set of variables, or biases, so that you could say, well that p009 is always biased toward bla bla bla, or is there no relation betwer member 9 on this storm vs member 9 on a run two weeks from now. Reason I ask is I haven't seen any stats on whether a certain indiividual member has performed better than others members this year, like you hear about say the overall euro outperforming the overall gfs, etc

Hell no.

I don't think you are going to see ice when its 38 degrees. Chance rises dramatically if yellowstone erupts tonight and the ash blocks out the moon. Then you might even get a full fledged blizzard.

Missed out on great rains today. I better see my severe storms tonight and tomorrow.

I hope you know that if Yellowstone erupted most of us would die in the end. But at least we would have snow!

Lol that tornado watch is not that serious. It came on every channel warning us that we had a tornado. Lol they were acting like we had a tornado emergency. Sadly we haven't seen any action. Same place that had a severe thunderstorm warning last night has one now. Lol

They just said Waycross on TWC. I feel special lol jk.

Archived