e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February Banter Thread

burgertime

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially, we've only picked up about 2.25"... However, we've had viewer reports of 3-4" area wide. This is a good, soaking rain. We got put in the SUCK zone earlier this morning/afternoon as all the rain was to our north and south. We're making up for it though. :) I just want to see a few good flakes this winter! ;) I haven't been very optimistic this winter, but this set-up has caught my eye for some reason.... We shall see. 

I know, there is just something about the time of month, the rain we're seeing, and the first shot of real cold air, that makes it very interesting.  I'm optimistic about the next 30 days, but I'm not getting my hopes up until after Wed. and the cold is still there :)  I've been chasing that carrot for 3 years now, and even this cold shot might not provide a high under freezing, unless we do get a storm.  Tony

This storm went poof. Keeps gettin drier and drier.

It didn't go poof... The GFS, and Euro, just delay the onset of everything until it's offshore. The orientation of the trough and when it goes neutral-negative tilt is going to be the golden key to this forecast. With the latest model runs, we don't see it go neutral tilt until it's over AL/GA, which means the low doesn't pop until it's in the Atlantic. Be patient grasshopper... Lots of things will change between now and then. :)

I see the hype is in full gear today.

526526_585016158195110_744703750_n.jpg

This was posted last night by Wx.South on FB- I think if you read the text that went with it, it explains that this is not a predicted :snowing:  snowfall map but a possibility of winter weather in this zone. Not hype, and still valid. All winter long the models giveth and taketh away from run to run. This is the way it works here in the south, we should all expect it and be used to the dance by now and not stab each other in the back for each post. Unless your Wilkes, and then I think consensus is he is fair game to be picked on by everyone. :)

And speaking of model runs, is the current southern rain bomb energy really behaving the way it was modeled? I'm questioning it because I know someone will tell me where to go to see proper maps and tell me I'm wrong, but this thing is stringing out today, and should have been more compacted and in the deep south today. I don't remember severe weather being modeled 3 days ahead of this storm, yet we had tornadoes and warnings and it's still hanging out wayyyy back in TX and producing snow. Hummmmm. Oh and I'm sitting here in the sunshine.

6z GFS looked great for TN. No wonder all the NC posters got quiet.

I wouldn't take the 84 hours NAM right now. However, the GFS is getting into its good range soon so it'll show more consistency.

You know, I am sick of your bull****. For YEARS, we've all posted and got along just fine. We pull for Tennessee and the Tennessee guys have always pulled for us. From now on, if you don't keep this crap in the banter thread, it's going to get deleted.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I actually really like this setup for the Carolinas. With the advancing arctic air, it won't take much moisture to see at least some flurries or snow showers.

Archived