Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like the look of this though for at least part of the area. Explosive vortmax on the GFS and euro has a strong one too...just more linear and kicks out too far east. Should be interesting today.

Yup--and not said for eric to post the qpf-mike pic, inside of 495 up into ME looks like a great spot.  Hopefully, we can get some early development.

i like your optimism jerry. i do think that sooner or later one of these is going to get the job done but then again i can't say i'd be surprised if this whiffed east just given the pattern / flow.

i'm not a fan of the way the GFS is doing this - i'd like to see the euro's evolution, just stronger. i feel like the GFS would eventually just end up a dendrite special (not that he shouldn't get snow lol)

good morning

I do like the look of this though for at least part of the area. Explosive vortmax on the GFS and euro has a strong one too...just more linear and kicks out too far east. Should be interesting today.

yeah should get at least some of the area with some snows. 

i'd like to see the GFS get it's act together earlier with the secondary or be further south with the primary or not as strong with it. 

We need this storm to deepen southeast of LI rather than southeast of Nantucket, MA, that way we get a more prolonged shot at the comma head development.  Also we need the vort max to be stronger then modeled so that the southern and northern vorts phase.  This is a Manitoba Mauler disturbance, so the trough is amped, we just need a stronger disturbance to allow phasing.

We need this storm to deepen southeast of LI rather than southeast of Nantucket, MA, that way we get a more prolonged shot at the comma head development.  Also we need the vort max to be stronger then modeled so that the southern and northern vorts phase.  This is a Manitoba Mauler disturbance, so the trough is amped, we just need a stronger disturbance to allow phasing.

One of the issues at around this time range has been a tendency of the models to try to dig the s/ws more SSE versus the eventual SE or ESE.    The GGEM and RGEM really haven't bitten on any of those modeled threats and the GGEM is still really flat/boring as Will pointed out last night. 

I agree with what you're saying I'm just not at that point yet.  One of these is going to work in our favor and this could well be it, just would like to see another run with full support.  If I had to forecast it'd just be flurries/snow showers out here until after this 12z.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/data/model_forecast/133_100.gif

Archived