Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z NAM is a beast for SNE at hour 84, large CCB feature developing with surface reflection still over the Great Lakes, will be interesting to see what the 6z GFS says.  Also this low pressure system has a best chance at producing widespread snows as low pressure intensifies rapidly moving northward rather then eastward out to sea.

GFS on board for advisory snows for the entire area sunday. At this time, and this winter, I actually might rather have the GFS on my side than the EURO, since the GFS has been much better in the long range than usual, and, with the last storm, it was the first to sniff out the supression and get rid of the big snows. Would  be much happier if the EURO shows something, but then again it's got potential, and I think that at 12z we start to see the EURO make some changes.

-skisheep

Sunday looks good. I'll be surprised if we don't get at least an advisory event and qute possibly warning snows. Again during the week. Wntr has a chance the next week to 10 days. Seems funny saying that in the midst of a 60 wind/rain event.

i like your optimism jerry. i do think that sooner or later one of these is going to get the job done but then again i can't say i'd be surprised if this whiffed east just given the pattern / flow.

i'm not a fan of the way the GFS is doing this - i'd like to see the euro's evolution, just stronger. i feel like the GFS would eventually just end up a dendrite special (not that he shouldn't get snow lol)

i like your optimism jerry. i do think that sooner or later one of these is going to get the job done but then again i can't say i'd be surprised if this whiffed east just given the pattern / flow.

i'm not a fan of the way the GFS is doing this - i'd like to see the euro's evolution, just stronger. i feel like the GFS would eventually just end up a dendrite special (not that he shouldn't get snow lol)

Yeah the GFS and ensembles had a latitude look...I didn't like it for BOS.

i feel like it would be a dying band of snow coming across SNE (mix or rain along the eastern coast) then just a developing area of better stuff to the NE of us. maybe as far down as the ORH hills or something.

not a fan. lol. 

It actually fired up over ern MA on the GFS is got this area good...after maybe some mix verbatim.

My whole idea is that I'd like it to wrap up quick and not in the Gulf of Maine.

But whatever, we still clearly have a lot to work out, but I think some snow is in the cards for a good part of the area...it's just that I want the GFS to develop a bit more quickly.

Archived