amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 2-3rd 2013 Clipper/Redeveloper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah..after the past few weeks, not even worth considering.

Thou shalt not spurn whatever models give thee thine desired storm. Thou shalt exclude the JMA from that last bit. Thou shalt always mock the JMA.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

Actually maybe this run will be a little better, shortwave a little slower down in Arkansas but maybe not enough to matter. We'll see.

Probably doesn't mean Jack anyway since it's the NAM

NAM is coming to a more intense solution.  It supported the "global" solutions earlier and has gradually slowed down the lead s/w.  It's ramping up nice by 60 hours. NAM probably brewing a biggie this run.

Its going to phase.

Well, that's a given imo.  It's a matter of where and what impacts to the area it will have.

Man, if that darn s/w wasn't there over Maine at 66h, this would be awesome...still as is, there's enough juice in that shortwave to still make things quite interesting.

It's right there Will.  Close to a sizeable event.

lol the play by play on the Nam, The Srefs suck ballz all year and the Nam is useless out side of 24 hrs, Take whatever it has with a grain of salt, GFS looks decent, Euro slowly coming around, Its gon snow....... :)

I'm pretty much sold after this run of the NAM.  Only because I think all the models are trending the same way at this point and barring any changes for the worst in the others at 12z time to send up the flag with details TBD.

You just don't see that much energy diving in very often, that's pretty epic.

EDIT:  No idea who it ultimately effects and what weather it brings, just saying I think we see a late bloomer that has a lot of potential to deepen and slow.

I'm pretty much sold after this run of the NAM.  Only because I think all the models are trending the same way at this point and barring any changes for the worst in the others at 12z time to send up the flag with details TBD.

All the posts about the Nam being so bad, hmm. Seems pretty good last couple of storms, it blew the GFS away with QPF this last storm, GFS finally capitulated, unless you got 2-3 of rain?

You just don't see that much energy diving in very often, that's pretty epic.

I am sold on the other models, Just getting on the Nam as its still a good 75 hrs+ out

All the posts about the Nam being so bad, hmm. Seems pretty good last couple of storms, it blew the GFS away with QPF this last storm, GFS finally capitulated, unless you got 2-3 of rain?

Yeah, it was pretty good with the last storm and fine with this one.  This should be where it excels too. 

We will see, models are having problems with the strength of features diving down out of Canada.  GGEM has normally been pretty good, so let's see what it shows.

I don't think there's any doubt a big ocean low is going to form now.   Finally we get one to amplify...

BTW, CF nightmare on this run on screaming east winds. 

The Nam did nail my qpf the other day though, 0.17", If it was the only model that shows this storm would you ride it?

Archived