mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
February 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will pose a question to those on the board.  How much snow would it take iyby to call the winter a backloaded one, especially for those who live in Chicago, the Quad Cities, Indianapolis, Lafayette, etc. who would be candidates for a backloaded winter due to a poor first half?  For me, I would say 25" or more in those months would qualify this year, and would bring us within 10" of our average, so I'd take it heartily and call it a winter.

12"+ event...anything else and i'll pass at this point.  Screw this tromping around in slush nonsense.

I will pose a question to those on the board.  How much snow would it take iyby to call the winter a backloaded one, especially for those who live in Chicago, the Quad Cities, Indianapolis, Lafayette, etc. who would be candidates for a backloaded winter due to a poor first half?  For me, I would say 25" or more in those months would qualify this year, and would bring us within 10" of our average, so I'd take it heartily and call it a winter.

Since this month is getting off to a more normal start - I'll consider February and March into this equation. On top of the 5.4" I've had already this month, for this to be a backloaded winter, it would have to include at least one 6"+ snowfall and enough additional snow to equal 15". That would put me near 30" and would be a drastic improvement up until this week.

---

High 25° for today. Cloudy and snow showery all day.

0z GFS goes rogue for the weekend/early next week storm, and tries to give Hoosier the ice storm he's been dreaming about. It's not one verbatim, but you can fudge the numbers a little and get that conclusion.

GFS has been completely inconsistent with that system, right now I wouldn't take what it shows for worth more than a wood nickel.

Down to 9 with freezing fog here.

Not surprised to see the models starting to change their tune with the temps and potential systems. NOT saying the current runs are correct either. Point is models have struggled all winter especially beyond 96hrs and there is nothing to suggest that changing. Why it may be better to look at stuff such as the MJO etc. :)

Archived