12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice blanket of white outside as we await more snow...but its funny how this fluff really does settle. Its very easy to see how lake belts can get 50" of snow in a week and finish the week with like 18-20" depth. ill use midnight and noon just to pick random but consistent intervals

My depth here:

12am 2/1/13: 3"...after a fall of 3.1"

12pm 2/2/13: 2"

12am 2/3/13: 2"

12pm 2/3/13: 3"...after another 1.3"

12am 2/4/13: 4"...after another 1.8"

12pm 2/4/13: 3"

5 runs in a row. From the King. Can I lock it in already?

Looks great. After the Euro calling Sandy so continuously 9 days out, I'm intrigued. Of course, as always, it could tread north and Toronto gets warm sectored again.

Looks like we could pull off 6" with that thing at least. Lake effect would be interesting as well.

This is a pretty cool loop of the snow depth this season.  I wish instead of snow depth they would add another map like this leaving the previous amounts, so you can get an idea of how much snow has fallen for the whole season.  You could watch over and over how some areas received so much seasonal snowfall, and how other areas have been screwed so to speak.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/nsa/js_animate.html?ts=24&year=2013&month=2&day=3&type=nsm_swe&region=National

18z GFS just pulled a WTF, suppressing the weekend storm south.  Looks erroneous to me.  Would be nice if it turned out like that though.  So sick of snowpack destroying rainstorms.

So you'd prefer boring weather...

The snowpack is going to melt whether you like it or not, eventually.

It can wait until the 20th or later to melt.  I'd much rather add on to what I already have on the ground.  A 300 mile south shift from the 12z model consensus would make me the happiest.  Even a 100 mile south shift would open the possibility for a good accumulation on the back side.

YES. If it is between getting a rain storm washing away the snow vs boring i'll take the boring. The rain can wait till March when we will really need it.

I mean really who enjoys watching somewhere else get pounded ( be it severe or snow ) while you get a boring rain that is as well killing your snow cover? The snow cover is about all this winter has going for it right now.

Yes the snow will eventually melt. We all know that.

And no Josh/michsnowfreak did not hijack my account. :P

Suppression is better than the alternative. I agree, the rest of the year is boring until mid November. There is a reason these forums slow to s crawl during the off season.

I love thunderstorms.  I don't love boring 40 degree stratiform rain.  The latter is far more likely for my location in the month of February.

Archived