Newest Member
    amirah5
February 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you'd prefer boring weather...

The snowpack is going to melt whether you like it or not, eventually.

Lol, I didn't ask for your opinion.

Point taken, but that doesn't mean they need to be jerk-offs to the ones that don't.

You kinda brought that on yourself. ;)

Not trying to be a jerkoff either. :)

when you post a jerk off response to me first you will get one back. 

I think you both are acting out of line.  :yikes:

I come here to get away from the vitriol that occurs on forums of a more controversial subject matter.  I never thought disagreements over weather could elicit such butthurtness.  We're not even talking politics or religion here.

I generally follow weather all over because it's interesting to me. However, a truely passionate weather lover is always an IMBY!

would you rather the weather kept your gorgeous snow pack and be boring for a short time or watch it melt away with 40's rain/fog and follow the "non boring" weather several hundred miles away.

I think you both are acting out of line.  :yikes:

I come here to get away from the vitriol that occurs on forums of a more controversial subject matter.  I never thought disagreements over weather could elicit such butthurtness.  We're not even talking politics or religion here.

I agree.. but Mr Trixie just had to start my motor.

I generally follow weather all over because it's interesting to me. However, a truely passionate weather lover is always an IMBY!

Agree with this, however if nothing is happening locally I am going to want something interesting elsewhere.

As for the model change that people are bitching about, it is due to the Northern stream being too fast and not phasing.

would you rather the weather kept your gorgeous snow pack and be boring for a short time or watch it melt away with 40's rain/fog and follow the "non boring" weather several hundred miles away.

I would rather keep my snow and suffer thru any boring weather. Rain/fog/dead grass can never be exciting enough for me Nov-Feb to sacrifice snowpack.

As for snow cover, the vast majority around here cares way more about tracking a storm than watching snow sit on the ground doing nothing for weeks on end.

Tracking the storm is the obsessive jonsing/craving part. Watching it unfold is the sweet fix that satisfies the deeply seeded need.

As far as having snow on the ground for weeks on end and watching it do nothing. I can't explain that part. For me, it has a peaceful, simple and pure feeling to it. It's calming.... and is the essence of Winter and living in the north.

As for snow cover, the vast majority around here cares way more about tracking a storm than watching snow sit on the ground doing nothing for weeks on end.

well the good thing is this winter hasn't been boring weather wise for weeks on end and don't anticipate that being the case going forward so I don't think its outlandish, on a forum that heavily favors snow lovers, that we could do with out another cutter during MET winter to our west to decimate what we have worked hard to have on the ground.

Tracking a snowstorm or severe storms in their backyards i would agree with but not a dreary rain washing away the snow with all the real action far removed.

Maybe we should do a poll? :devilsmiley:

Tracking a snowstorm or severe storms in their backyards i would agree with but not a dreary rain washing away the snow with all the real action far removed.

lol.. not the best time for a poll when cabin fever is setting in on the sweaty crotches crowd.  ice pu$$ies would easily still win the poll especially if it was forum wide poll.

If the 06z was correct it would have been the latter of the 2 here locally.

well the good thing is this winter hasn't been boring weather wise for weeks on end and don't anticipate that being the case going forward so I don't think its outlandish, on a forum that heavily favors snow lovers, that we could do with out another cutter during MET winter to our west to decimate what we have worked hard to have on the ground.

Unless you are making your own snow, you haven't worked hard at anything, and if you did make your own snow when it got cold again you can make plenty more.

I think people who don't appreciate snow cover mostly live...

a.) Mid-Atlantic

b.) South of 40 N.

c.) north of 45 N.

South of 40 it's too transient to appreciate as even the biggest snowstorm typically melts within a week or two.  North of 45 snow cover is taken for granted. It's that midwest belt between 40 and 45 degrees where snow cover is special.  Blockbuster storms with 15" or more all at once are too rare to crave for, but a week of clippers and lake effect events each dropping 2-5 inches followed by a 9" cutter leaving a solid layer of knee deep powder is attainable in a good year.

Archived