• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

Temp hasn't really budged all morning, still sitting at 23 chilly degress. The light sleet we got stuck immediately here at work in Davidson. The roads on the businss complex still have a thin layer of sleet sitting on them. If the precip out west in TN doesn't dry up we may be in for a headache later.

Side note I'm kinda pulling for this to overperform so my boss will let me leave early and get this weekend goin!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.01" QPF of freezing rain so far.  Temp is 24.6 with a DP of 15.  Just got back from driving to town and the rain kept freezing on my windshield while driving and all the road mist froze solid to the side of my car.  :weenie:

I put my heat light in my VP2 rain cylinder so the rain won't freeze in the cone.

Radar returns to the SW look very unimpressive. While to the N and E of the metro, they seem to be building. I expect RDU to do much better in the precip department. Although I guess that's not really going out on a limb.

RDU will probably do better. I would start getting worried about radar returns around noonish today.  I still think CLT maxes out on precip for the surrounding areas. 

We are under another moderate band in Weaverville. primarily ip with zr & sn mixing in. Temp is slowly climbing.....23.3°. As has been stated above stay at home if you can.

WNC Scanner@WNCSCAN

#wWxWNC #WNCscan A Balsam Firefighter reports discovering a car over an embankment on Willets Cover Rd ^A1

That is one of the best accounts to follow on Twitter, that and @UpstateScan

8:45 am Saluda, light 2 minute rain shower moved through, 25.3˚, it froze within seconds, Road (Hwy 176) brined and not bad.  

At work in Tryon, no precip at 28.3˚,

sorry I can't give dewpoints I know that would be more helpful

"At least where I am sitting, the mountains are, as usually, snacking on the returns as they cross over."

....And it was a good breakfast...

Aaaannnnddd........there's the back edge of this little burst.  So now the question is "what's next?".....ZR, IP or Snow?  That little burst made the roads slick as glass (ala the Raleigh Snowmaggedon).  If you go ahead and drop a little IP/ZR on top we're going to have a serious problem getting kids home.

Aaaannnnddd........there's the back edge of this little burst.  So now the question is "what's next?".....ZR, IP or Snow?  That little burst made the roads slick as glass (ala the Raleigh Snowmaggedon).  If you go ahead and drop a little IP/ZR on top we're going to have a serious problem getting kids home.

Use "More Reply Options" and the "Attach Files" if you want to post a pic....

Radar would suggest that s***s about to get real in East TN. We're already glazed and Knoxville has basically shut down. NWS says we might see a half inch of ice. I don't expect to have power by early afternoon. Fine with me, got enough wood, food, and booze for the long haul.

Radar would suggest that s***s about to get real in East TN. We're already glazed and Knoxville has basically shut down. NWS says we might see a half inch of ice. I don't expect to have power by early afternoon. Fine with me, got enough wood, food, and booze for the long haul.

That sucks dude. Good luck. Hope it doesn't get that bad for you...but hey you got the booze to hold you over.

Archived