joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!....Just such a difference between snow & ice. I had to run up to the store which is about 3/4 of a mile from my house. Mind you we have had just a very little amount of precip. & the untreated roads are in bad shape already. Treated roads seem to be ok. On the ride home the rain picked up a bit & was freezing as it hit the windshield. It was almost impossible to see out of it. Seems like we are in a band type situation here. When the precip gets heavier we go to ip & when it is lighter we get zr. With what I am seeing from such small amounts of moisture those of you who get more are going to have some fun today. Temp in Weaverville is down to 22.6° RH 54% DP 8.3°

Wow!....Just such a difference between snow & ice. I had to run up to the store which is about 3/4 of a mile from my house. Mind you we have had just a very little amount of precip. & the untreated roads are in bad shape already. Treated roads seem to be ok. On the ride home the rain picked up a bit & was freezing as it hit the windshield. It was almost impossible to see out of it. Seems like we are in a band type situation here. When the precip gets heavier we go to ip & when it is lighter we get zr. With what I am seeing from such small amounts of moisture those of you who get more are going to have some fun today. Temp in Weaverville is down to 22.6° RH 54% DP 8.3°

70 West here in McDowell County already got an accident near Old Fort...so much for our wasting the first bits of precip to moistening the air.

What really is of concern and was a bit comcerning yesterday was for those school systems to my immediate east making the call to send the kids in only to have them leave at 11 am? I hope that does not come back to bite them in the rear.

Archived