• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Jan 20-24 storm window opens (Jan 22 potential)

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the text output and TT are in the 50s for TAN.  Nice signal for some T-snow.

The difference here is that it's actually very hard to get thundersnow in this set up. If you look at the soundings, it's not a MAUL type sounding where you have elevated CAPE...it's sort of unstable from the ground up...but lacks good elevated CAPE. You can get 4"/hr rates...but I can't recall an inv trough setup that had TSSN.

Looking at the text output and TT are in the 50s for TAN. Nice signal for some T-snow.

The difference here is that it's actually very hard to get thundersnow in this set up. If you look at the soundings, it's not a MAUL type sounding where you have elevated CAPE...it's sort of unstable from the ground up...but lacks good elevated CAPE. You can get 4"/hr rates...but I can't recall an inv trough setup that had TSSN.

It would have to be extremely intense

If we could get that, I would be fine resorting to make thunder noises with my iPhone. :lol:

I think the March 1992 event had TSSN in E MA. But yeah, you like to see soem CAPE and also like to see the lift deeper than in a norlun event...the lift can be intense, but its often relatively shallow in these setups. Though the NAM looks a bit more impressive in this one....it does have a bit of a MAUL on the ORH counding around 69-71 hours.

I think the March 1992 event had TSSN in E MA. But yeah, you like to see soem CAPE and also like to see the lift deeper than in a norlun event...the lift can be intense, but its often relatively shallow in these setups. Though the NAM looks a bit more impressive in this one....it does have a bit of a MAUL on the ORH counding around 69-71 hours.

Here is the TAN sounding

Archived