• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
18z Models 12/16/2010

I don't think you can tell yet. 12Z GFS looks nearly identical at this time and it develops a really late hook.

True, keep in mind it also depends where you are also. If you are in DC you need a fairly early development and it may be "too late". If you are in NYC or Boston, it might still be too soon to tell.

The question is whether or not the Euro had "more data" on the shortwave that was coming ashore just as the NAM started running.

Since it runs later it had more up-to-date data, that's for sure. Not sure who could answer whether it had "more" data on the shortwave, someone who knows the data ingest of both the Euro and NAM I guess!

The Euro is usually money 72 hours out. I am glad to have it on my side. Expect the GFS to come west dramatically at 00Z. We have all seen this movie before...

recall the Euro was the first to see the threat of the models

the first time it showed it, it had us with a decent hit and took the slp up the Hudson, turning much of ENE to a mix or rain

I'm wondering if it doesn't come back to that solution tonight or tomorrow

18z GFS is having convective feedback issues...take a look at how it develops 2 lows, each centered around a ball of convection... According to the 500mb it was on the right path in the begining by developing a broad surface low near FLA, then out of nowhere the low jumps/ revdevelops due east....

-Nor

18z GFS is having convective feedback issues...take a look at how it develops 2 lows, each centered around a ball of convection... According to the 500mb it was on the right path in the begining by developing a broad surface low near FLA, then out of nowhere the low jumps/ revdevelops due east....

-Nor

agreed, it showed something similar yesterday with two lows off the carolina coast condensing down to one east of NE

The Euro is usually money 72 hours out. I am glad to have it on my side. Expect the GFS to come west dramatically at 00Z. We have all seen this movie before...

SE bias of the GFS rearing its ugly head once again, eh?  I would rather have what we have now rather than the reverse-- this is much better than the 12z EURO showing a whiff to the east and the 18z GFS showing a direct hit-- we know how many times that has worked out lol.

Archived