12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2013 mid-long range disco thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say in va it's all rain to start with southwestern areas switching over to snow at some point and this snow line heads east

Most models lately have only really had snow largely confined just NW of the upper low. Haven't seen the Euro.

After a brief relaxation at the end of next week, it looks like the west coast ridge bulges up again at Day 10 ?

Yeah.. tho no major cold reload that I see. However, there might be a snowstorm for day 11.. well, really like right after the run ends as precip is working into VA.

Jan 25? :o

Also, NAM will be SE this run for the south storm, though its weird Euro and GFS came north, not that it matters anyway, but interesting. Gonna check the euro ens on SV. 

the operational Euro Days 9-10 look about as fabulous as it can look

100% 700mb RH in WVA and VA head ne toward DCA/BWI

of the humanity

for kicks and giggles, I checked the surface at IAD at 240 hrs just to see if it was going to find a way to screw us.....not this time, at least not yet

-1C with -5.2 DP

I know it's gunna' change, I just wanted to see if the computers could still show a snowstorm let alone accurately predict one

for kicks and giggles, I checked the surface at IAD at 240 hrs just to see if it was going to find a way to screw us.....not this time, at least not yet

-1C with -5.2 DP

I know it's gunna' change, I just wanted to see if the computers could still show a snowstorm let alone accurately predict one

looks like it could possibly end up mixing given the extrapolated track of the sfc low, though looks fine to start, but since it's not likely to happen as shown it probably doesn't matter. ;)

18z nam way colder and more precip RIC gets snow, it is the 18z nam looks good

For you guys a better run I'd say, vort track was not as good as 12z and yet precip made it nearly as far north. If 0z moves north, it could get a little too warm down there for some folks. Not gonna do us much good here we're too far N, but for RIC and co, you'd want it to halt. 

Archived