e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 2013 mid-long range disco thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have 850 temps of around -22 next Wednesday with an afternoon max in the low 20s and the core of the cold isnt here yet..I'm sure it is over done but I love it!

Next week is going to be beautiful for cold lovers like us.  Still believe we won't be able to enter and exit that type of air mass without at least a bit of snow.

no

but we need to get cold 1st

January 2009 DCA had a dry high of 18 and IAD 17 with no snowcover...we got that semi-crappy storm a week later, but at least it was a couple inches...i want cold...then we have things to track that can work with bad tracks

why would you want to track bad tracks? Its very possible that its cold and dry and then we get a back storm that starts as ice because surface temps are still cold but it changes to rain

no

but we need to get cold 1st

January 2009 DCA had a dry high of 18 and IAD 17 with no snowcover...we got that semi-crappy storm a week later, but at least it was a couple inches...i want cold...then we have things to track that can work with bad tracks

looks like something's getting its act together out in the western plains on Day 10

Accuwx maps haven't updated yet....any potential to that? the trough in the east seems to be relaxing at that point

EDIT: this:    http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2013011412!!/

looks like something's getting its act together out in the western plains on Day 10

Accuwx maps haven't updated yet....any potential to that? the trough in the east seems to be relaxing at that point

EDIT: this:    http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2013011412!!/

Raleighwx's maps show a 995 low in western Iowa with a lobe of the PV looking to drop into it.

why would you want to track bad tracks? Its very possible that its cold and dry and then we get a back storm that starts as ice because surface temps are still cold but it changes to rain

because it is better than dry and with cold we can still do ok or have a chance without threading the needle...you got 3 snowstorms from bad tracks..you should welcome it

we have 850 temps of around -22 next Wednesday with an afternoon max in the low 20s and the core of the cold isnt here yet..I'm sure it is over done but I love it!

At least that's something.  Maybe upper 20s and low 30s?  At least that will feel more like winter, even if it's dry.

That closed low on NAM is a powerhouse...need to get it to KY and move due east...I think

Powerhouse except at the surface :lol:  but at least it has the h5, h7, and h85 lows all consolidated in the same area.  Off to the 18z DGEX!  

Its a fools chance for Friday night... but I will play the fool

Alos, seems like some of the 15z SREF individual members by 87 hrs have QPF of 0.1 moving into our CWA

That closed low on NAM is a powerhouse...need to get it to KY and move due east...I think

Prob is the precip shield will cut off so quick with no surface reflection. I know it's the nam and it's prob wrong but if we could get some kind of waa precip out in front and some sort of surface reflection in front as well it would make a huge difference. It's looking doubtful at best. Just a hard core wall of denial to the north. At least the models think so. 

Powerhouse except at the surface :lol:  but at least it has the h5, h7, and h85 lows all consolidated in the same area.  Off to the 18z DGEX!  

Its a fools chance for Friday night... but I will play the fool

But, but, but...what about the CRAS??? :bag:

Fools chance, yes.  As a former president mis-quoted, "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, uhhh, uhhh, you can't get fooled again!"  Ah, heck, I'm always getting fooled again when looking for winter weather, especially in a (non)winter like this one (so shame on me, I suppose)! :D

Archived