joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm obs snow/ice/rain/wind 12/26/12

Allsnow

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the mountain in union county will not be denied lol....

30F here with NE winds. cloudy with dew pts rising past couple hours.

I've been thinking we'd score 1 or 2" with this system at most...seems about right with the mixing line hovering just far enough to our southeast right now. It'll be washed away in a matter of hours but hey, tack it on to the seasonal totals :lol:

I've been thinking we'd score 1 or 2" with this system at most...seems about right with the mixing line hovering just far enough to our southeast right now. It'll be washed away in a matter of hours but hey, tack it on to the seasonal totals :lol:

The 850 line is collapsing rapidly south with the onset of heavy precipitation...just 30 minutes ago, the 0C line was straddling you...now you're at -1C:

post-475-0-88570600-1356550304_thumb.gif

29 degrees and light snow in Byram Twp, NJ (Sussex Co.). NWS still has 1/2 inch for today and less than an inch tonight. I'm baffled.

Also, can someone more knowledgeable than I talk about the accuraccy of the HRRR model? Thanks, as always.

You have a winter storm warning from the NWS for 4-8 inches of snow.

Snow here in Harrison (Hudson Co) Trace accumulation thus far, Vis just under a mile. Air 32F Dp 26F and WB 28F .

Everything getting covered except the roads. nearest pavement temp from the NJDOT is 35F at the interchange of

Route 17 and Route 3, The column has cool as AMDAR out of Newark / EWR shows below freezing for the entire sounding.

Here is the url to our wen cam:

http://wwc.instacam.com/instacamimg/HRSSN/HRSSN_s.jpg

Remember, those are meso analyses which contain some estimates based on surface reports. Even if it is collapsing, that's just evap cooling taking place.

Yeah, I think that's what people were hinting at. With the onset of precipitation things are cooling briefly especially across the suburbs...but the mid level waa will obviously win out eventually.

Archived