joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm obs snow/ice/rain/wind 12/26/12

Allsnow

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the longer the wait in NYC metro the shorter the frozen precip lasts - western bergen - western passaic - western essex -and points north and west should get several inches BUT once you get south and east of there maybe a trace then wind driven rain

the longer the wait in NYC metro the shorter the frozen precip lasts - western bergen - western passaic - western essex -and points north and west should get several inches BUT once you get south and east of there maybe a trace then wind driven rain

As long as the wind stays favorable, all areas will start off frozen.

As long as the wind stays favorable, all areas will start off frozen.

thats why I said maybe a trace but i bet many areas around the metro will be at or above freezing already when this starts - its ashame that this time of the year the time of day the precip starts is a factor .................

thats why I said maybe a trace but i bet many areas around the metro will be at or above freezing already when this starts - its ashame that this time of the year the time of day the precip starts is a factor .................

If the 850s punch north , then sure . not sure how far south they draped right now .

Radar looks good tothe south - but on an east wind 925`s punch in and shut off frozen stuff

notice how slow theprecip is moving northeast because of all the dry air in its way - by the time it gets to the metro temps will have had enough time at the surface and 950's to warm so even though it might be a mix at the start in areas east of bergen passaic western essex goes to rain quickly --- west of that line more snow and ice and accumulation then after a few hours a mix then changeover]

http://www.wundergro...f=9999&smooth=0

first 100 miles of this is virga precip only starts down in cape may county and extreme se PA - you can see the precip type that is falling in the virga - by the time it reaches here will be a mix in the immediate NYC Metro this afternoon sometime then quickly to rain

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true&location=USDC0001

Archived