joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm obs snow/ice/rain/wind 12/26/12

Allsnow

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think that's what people were hinting at. With the onset of precipitation things are cooling briefly especially across the suburbs...but the mid level waa will obviously win out eventually.

It's going to take a while to get the warmth up here with the 0C@850mb line all the way down by Toms River and being at -2@850mb, especially during heavy precipitation. Expecting to rip for a while.

Moderate snow and getting heavier every few minutes. 28 degrees and a 20 degree dewpoint.

This is my local NWS --- we have our half inch at 2:54PM...and we never got close to 34.

This Afternoon Snow. High near 34. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 10pm, then rain and sleet between 10pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 30. Blustery, with a northeast wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

It's going to take a while to get the warmth up here with the 0C@850mb line all the way down by Toms River and being at -2@850mb, especially during heavy precipitation. Expecting to rip for a while.

I think you will do pretty well for a while up there in Dobb's Ferry. Careful with the 850 line though, I believe the warmest punch is occurring just above that at ~800mb

yes it might be a little cooler than what point and click NWS spits out, yes you might have half inch of snow and its still coming down so maybe you reach 1 or even 2 inches...but the overall evolution of the storm remains the same. grasping at straws if you think anyone outside of Middletown and points N and W have a shot at all snow.

My high was 32.8F here at the downtown station in Dobbs Ferry...Forecast high was 38F changed to 36F, still too warm. Euro is going to clean up on this forecast. Coastal forming with NE winds, 850s still well below 0C, and boundary layer cooling under heavy echoes.

Has the snow started there yet; I am in the city and will soon be making my way up your way

Archived