Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Pattern Discussion 12/15 and beyond

ORH_wxman

They tend to stick together

my post was referring to the entire 2.5 pages i just read and the entertainment jerry springer'ish nature since 11 am.

The euro is running now and we needs to see the ridging in AK to keep the conus cold opporuntits, otherwise we will have our chances, where it rains for 12 hours and vim toot has feet of snow and mtns get the wx we should be getting

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pacific appears to be entering a state of pattern flux. It may be the recent emergence of a weak Phase 1 MJO that's helping to ignite a redistribution in the R-waves, but either way, all GEF derived products have the PNA rising fairly robustly to near neutral - something similar was 'cast by these clusters about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but than no sooner and the means wound up incorrect. The flat-line static -PNA of -1.0SD persisted right on through ...

Barring that taking place again, the background resting state of the synoptic layout should be encouraged to change - with the EPO being negative and the PNA rising, at least an interval of western N/A positive geopotential heights would fit into expectations quite reasonably. Whether this parlays into storm/snow chance, who knows, but colder temperatures would be favored.

The last 3 runs have been ugly, but gradually shifting east. My guess is the ensembles stay nearly steady or perhaps tuck west a tiny bit.

Yeah it was similar to last nigth's run. Yesterday's 12z run though was way west...over SW Michigan....a true lakes cutter.

This has had the look of a messy event for a while to me now...but if the block comes in stronger like on a lot of other guidance, I could see this being more/mostly snow for SNE.

Yeah it was similar to last nigth's run. Yesterday's 12z run though was way west...over SW Michigan....a true lakes cutter.

This has had the look of a messy event for a while to me now...but if the block comes in stronger like on a lot of other guidance, I could see this being more/mostly snow for SNE.

I would role with that as well with a "first guess." So many details to be ironed out and its 7 days away.

The last 3 runs have been ugly, but gradually shifting east. My guess is the ensembles stay nearly steady or perhaps tuck east a tiny bit.

That is what I thought. In my view this only increases the confidence in where HPC says this is headed. Unless there is suppression as it forms off the Delmarva, it would seem this one comes all the way up the coast and gives us all a nice storm. Ptype issues along the coast possibly but a warning level snow inland. We are now inside 7 days I believe.

First storm I have felt reasonably confident about all year...hope that is not a jinx.

Archived