• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
What's everyone's day job?

cyclone77

This may be a bit off topic for this sub-forum, but I'm sure there's many like me in this sub that never venture out of this area into other sections of americanwx. When I come to this site I only check this sub and that's it.

We have many mets and students here, but for the rest of you what do you do for a living? Personally, growing up I always had the intention of becoming a met, but after entering college I focused more on chemistry. So instead of making a career out of meteorology I now consider weather/chasing a hobby. After graduating college I held a few interesting job positions including owning my own business for a few years. After my business crapped the bed in 03 I took advantage of my degree and landed a job as a chemist and have been doing that for almost 9 years now.

Funny that I can remember back in high school many of my friends and classmates didn't know what they wanted to do for a living and I always did. I used to feel sorry for them because I always knew what I wanted to do. The ironic thing was many of my friends/classmates ended up solidifying their careers before I did because I veered the course.

So what do the rest of you guys do to pay the bills?

Recent graduate last year as you can see by my signature. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to major in my first year of college, but I knew I wanted to be in a earth sciences field. I started working through the gen ed classes with meteorology in mind, but changed it to more towards geology after several semesters. I've had a few geoscienes type jobs since graduation, but nothing long lasting. Currently exploring the graduate school route - to start next fall. Now working temporarily for a Pharmaceutical company in Lake County. -nothing really exciting just mundane data entry tasks!

Hope to get into an agency like a state level DNR or another state or county level organization/firm after this job or graduate school.

Added: I venture into other sections of the site - especially regions where I have family/know people in. I'm in here 80% of the time though!

911 Dispatcher, and I volunteer with Fire, EMS, and EMA services in the county.

I wanted to be a met, but high school physics classes changed my mind real quick. I went to college for two years in Broadcast Production. Finishing my degree in Business Management now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 2

Archived