joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does not look overly impressive to me. kind of a sheared out mess. i'd set expectations low for this. bl issues if precip does not come down hard enough.

Kind of a tough scenario to root for, A stronger system coming up from the south would be further NW and taint the coast down your way, But a weaker system would be further SE but you still have boundary layer issues

does not look overly impressive to me. kind of a sheared out mess. i'd set expectations low for this. bl issues if precip does not come down hard enough.

Yeah it's pretty progressive and the dynamics aren't great. The 6z GFS was strong enough to close off a 700/850 mb low which argues for some decent totals NW of the track.

You can see on the 12z GFS that the wave remains open and progressive which means a burst of overrunning snow/rain but nothing that would be overly heavy. Classic looking advisory event... especially for places with a bit of elevation.

Yeah it's pretty progressive and the dynamics aren't great. The 6z GFS was strong enough to close off a 700/850 mb low which argues for some decent totals NW of the track.

You can see on the 12z GFS that the wave remains open and progressive which means a burst of overrunning snow/rain but nothing that would be overly heavy. Classic looking advisory event... especially for places with a bit of elevation.

It actually had a nice deformation and comma head signal over our heads despite the meager QPF. Someone would do well in that. On phone so can't post, but I was surprised how it looked.

It actually had a nice deformation and comma head signal over our heads despite the meager QPF. Someone would do well in that. On phone so can't post, but I was surprised how it looked.

Yeah it does have that look. It does look like something gets close to closing off at 700mb to our south. It's weak but it's probably enough to develop enough deformation on the NW side.

These are the kinds of setups that can do funky things with snow growth etc. Once we lock in a track we should have a better idea if this will be a 2-4 kinda deal or a 4-8 kinda thing with some good snow growth in that deformation band.

Archived