• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

there's definite issues with that for this region but i'd think you'd probably be OK like you said after any short-lived issues to start. Euro has 00z surface temp in BOS of basically 0C and plenty cold off the deck.

This has a look of maybe that final 3 hr paste job for you with the final band pivoting through and maybe OES type squalls? You know how radar has that cellular or banding look underneath the echoes generated aloft.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting on 00z Wednesday. While the QPF doesn't reflect it..you can see this keeps some good mid level RH around which probably means a good band of snow will exist somewhere in this region. On Wednesday as the trough digs over the Great Lakes, the RH lingers which may indicate lingering flurries or SHSN.

00z

post-33-0-42483900-1353788933_thumb.jpg

03Z

post-33-0-24157500-1353788948_thumb.jpg

06z

post-33-0-52595700-1353788961_thumb.jpg

09z

post-33-0-85661700-1353788973_thumb.jpg

12z

post-33-0-03663400-1353788985_thumb.jpg

Could be BL troubles initially for the first half of storm inside 128 at least in eastern areas. Easterly flow means trouble for eastern Mass. Could be one of those deals where it's raining for Ray and ripping in HVN just because of geography.

Should be a nice changeover though as storm pulls away and winds veer.

Could be BL troubles initially for the first half of storm inside 128 at least in eastern areas. Easterly flow means trouble for eastern Mass. Could be one of those deals where it's raining for Ray and ripping in HVN just because of geography.

NAM has a CF in E MA that would have Scooter sucking on an exhaust pipe.

Literally over my head.

Snow in CT by noon Tues? Similar to Nov 7th?

The weak SLP at the storm's center is troublesome for the coast I think. Without a nice ageostrophic northerly flow marine taint may be an issue.

Which is why I would rather have the EC ensembles or NAM. A quicker deepening would trigger a better ageo response. Even during the 11/7/ storm...I was on the other side of the CF, but temps aloft like at 950 were still a bit too mild with a NE component to the wind.

Archived