mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, I think it's 2004 you are talking about.

2004 had that good snow event but it was a warm November. We had a huge torch for like a week after that storm. 2005 really doesn't qualify either. 2002 was the last true wintry November with both cold and snow. '07 and '08 were cold but not much if any snow.

Some of those previous winters that had cold/snowy Novembers....winter ended in January, lol. Its difficult to go wire to wire.

Yeah, even up here it can't go Nov-March without some sort of awful month or something mixed in there. I guess 2000-2001 might have, but that's why that winter is legendary up here. But even that one didn't really get going until the New Year's nor'easter, I think.

Getting a solid 4 month period of good snow/cold is pretty darn hard. Even out in the western U.S. where it snows 500 inches a year, they usually have a rough month mixed in there somewhere.

It puked all over itself

It's run to run consistency is just embarrassing, granted the handling of the s/w is very difficult. The Euro has seen northward/southward shifts, but not to the extent of the GFS...0z had a full blown snowstorm for many and now 18 hours later its gone for everyone.

I'm interested to see what the ensembles have to say.

It's run to run consistency is just embarrassing, granted the handling of the s/w is very difficult. The Euro has seen northward/southward shifts, but not to the extent of the GFS...0z had a full blown snowstorm for many and now 18 hours later its gone for everyone.

I'm interested to see what the ensembles have to say.

Yup toss it, This op run is garbage

That's an intense NORLUN just east of PVC too.

No kidding, if that made it on shore, someone would get like 10" from it probably.

Oh well, this run is probably not correct given the other guidance. But all options are still on the table...except probably an inland runner.

No kidding, if that made it on shore, someone would get like 10" from it probably.

Oh well, this run is probably not correct given the other guidance. But all options are still on the table...except probably an inland runner.

Yeah I think that's a fair assessment. While I think odds favor an advisory snowfall somewhere in SNE it's possible we do get a strung out POS.

Archived