• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
November 27th - 28th Snow Potential

Ice Warrior commander

Coventry, Kevin took Will and I on a trip there back on Dec 5 2009. He was showing us his snow plastered to all the trees like a proud papa.

The hill he drove up was the one I circled I'm pretty sure. It was north of him just a bit. The dirt road that we drove on was still snow packed and Kevin was so happy, lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hill he drove up was the one I circled I'm pretty sure. It was north of him just a bit. The dirt road that we drove on was still snow packed and Kevin was so happy, lol.

LOL, yeah that looks like it. It had the cell phone tower on it. He literally was smiling as we drove on that road. Sicko.

Looks like it upslopes with south or southeast winds.

Lol. Its actually amazing how many different sources of elevation there are. I've seen like 10 different ones all with slightly different numbers. In the end, none of it really matters (I mean what is the difference betwene 981 feet and 1004 feet for sensible weather?).

I've always found 800 feet to be a bit of a magic number around here for marginal events. Though sometimes you have a few different "magic" numbers....like 500, then 800 and then again at like 1200 feet.

It's much the same here with Grant Hill at 934' having snow when Vernon at 400' has nothing. In 2007 we had freezing rain at 800' and above and the 800' contour is a few hundred feet just down the street from my house.

LOL, yeah that looks like it. It had the cell phone tower on it. He literally was smiling as we drove on that road. Sicko.

Lol I was so happy that day, snow, weenie mets , trip to Weenie Hill, little did we know I would add a new coat of paint to Wills Explorer lol. And then we get to the valley in West Hartford to green grass. Lol

Lol I was so happy that day, snow, weenie mets , trip to Weenie Hill, little did e know I would add a new coat of paint to Wills Explorer lol. And then we get to the valley in West Hartford to green grass. Lol

LOL, that was a first real taste of the difference between those hills and the valley. Remember we found one lonely weenie pile left? That was a good trip.

I like that weenie spot right off I-84...on the rt190 juncture. That's an almost 1300' hill.

You can drive to the top along a rough and narrow dirt road. It's not marked and you first have to pass through the Mt Laurel sanctuary. I tagged my Christmas Tree yesterday in Eastford and I was suprised to still find patches of snow in the area.

I like that weenie spot right off I-84...on the rt190 juncture. That's an almost 1300' hill.

Yeah up in Union and parts of Stafford..there's some sneaky high spots. Even on 84 itself in Union you're right about 1,000 feet..My friend across the street is the principal there..K-8..There's 76 students in the whole school lol.. There is absolutely nothing there

Yeah up in Union and parts of Stafford..there's some sneaky high spots. Even on 84 itself in Union you're right about 1,000 feet..My friend across the street is the principal there..K-8..There's 76 students in the whole school lol.. There is absolutely nothing there

Yeah not the most exciting area. Sort of far from things to do.

Is the LES.streamers.we are getting?

Yeah some leftover LES stuff with just enough LL moisture to keep some of them as flurries or perhaps re-ignite one into a very brief snow shower. We lose the cyclonic flow pretty quickly tonight though so they should shut off overnight.

Archived