Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
On the doorstep of winter....it's coming! Pattern with banter

weathafella

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get all/mostly rain in the interior....we'd probably need 1 of 2 things to happen or both...either a pretty weak antecedent airmass and/or a track well west of us. On 11/25/08 we had a pretty strong cold airmass in place but a storm tracked west of us...we did have a period of icing in the interior though, but it wasn't a major issue. Perhaps it was a harbinger of what would occur 16 days later.

After our mini-torch.

Went out back late this afternoon and was surprised to see there was still ice on the beaver pond (It had opened up beyond 20-30 yards from the banks). That there was any remaining was impressive in my mind since I don't cool down here.

Saw my first ice of the season over in Templeton today. Just a little skim on a small pond in a shady area (but it was at 3:30pm)

For once I agree with him, Archambeault phase change event.

Eh, that doesn't mean it has to be a coastal track...the Archambault Relationship just means much increased chance of a high precipiation event for the northeast. Whether it tracks over 40/70 or ALB.

Eh, that doesn't mean it has to be a coastal track...the Archambault Relationship just means much increased chance of a high precipiation event for the northeast. Whether it tracks over 40/70 or ALB.

Eh Iknow that, but in this case I feel, could be wrong, but the delta is higher than normal forcing either secondary cyclogenesis or in fact forcing 8 and 7H to hug the coast and cut the canal or east. North of Pike special.

The Archambault phase change event from a +NAO to a -NAO means greatly increased preciptiation, but they can often be wet/mix and not all white.

An established -NAO relaxing tends to be the ones that are more white.

Not really, her papers do not indicate precip type only increased amounts, taken literally she has shown phase changes of an abrupt manner tend to be be accompanied by anomalous precip events in the Northeast.

Almost a total whiff out to sea. The front s/w is so pathetic, that I wish it disappeared because the one behind it is really awesome looking...it would be a classic Miller B New England bomb if the front runner didn't destrcutively interfere with it which is what will happen this run.

That 2nd s/w is really impressive....I doubt its possible for to ever become the main player, but if it did, then we'd be talking MECS here. As it is, we'll probably see the first one become a bit bigger tomorrow. I can't imagine it ends up this suppressed, but given the time frame and the Euro superiority, its possible.

Archived