northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
On the doorstep of winter....it's coming! Pattern with banter

weathafella

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also may be relaxing heading past the first few days of December as the central US torches. Some of that may spill in here or perhaps cause a messy mix or two, before maybe some sort of reload towards the end of the first week of Dec.

No straight pattern lockdown, all winter all the time.........I am getting confused after reading Kevin's and the the Sultginxy's posts??

No straight pattern lockdown, all winter all the time.........I am getting confused after reading Kevin's and the the Sultginxy's posts??

It's been progged. I think for the interior, it may mean some messy mix deals..maybe even white stuff if the boundary stays more south, but I expect some warmer wx to try and move in, before a potential reload later int the first week of December. Perhaps that's when a bigger deal comes around.

Quickly approaching the shortest day of the year thank God! Soon, the days will be getting longer, sun angle will be an issue......cars will be getting toasty and the first sunburn of the year on the slopes will be given. Hang tight, we are about to turn the corner.......Best Spring Ever3 dead ahead!!!

Up in Bretton Woods for the week. Hiked up Mt. Jefferson in the Whites yesterday. Patchy snow on the way up

with a couple of inches just below timberline. Pretty treacherous going over the 'caps'. Looked someone had

taken a fall as there were major blotches of blood all the way down the trail. Odd thing was the blood stopped,

so I'm wondering if there was a rescue. I couldn't believe someone could lose that much and keep moving.

Snowdrifts on the ridge were still a couple feet deep in spots, but everything else was melted. I assume the

snow was from the post-Sandy noreaster.

Sorry, no pics, wife's camera had dead battery. Going to try Washington on Saturday - hoping for some squalls.

Most of us were below normal yesterday and will probably be again today due to the very cold mornings. To hit my normal I would have to hit 61 for a high today. Airmasses like this are when ASOS city stations are very different than the country and suburbs.

It was painful watching you last winter, so much hope for XXX........it was above normal Steve, and it will be today and tomorrow.

Archived