12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
On the doorstep of winter....it's coming! Pattern with banter

weathafella

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That damn sun--ruining a good winter spell. At least that may give me time to size the 20 trees I have lying out back.

Signs of a delayed approach to winter:

1) switched to my snows this morning

2) snowblower's getting repaired/tuned up on Monday

It doesn't work that way... It's a cumulative effect. One event has far less impact on modulating Ozone residence at high altitudes/latitudes, then does the time-dependent integral of the previous several months.

Keep in mind, the AO can be motivated to rise or fall from planetary wave/eddy fluxes -- the relationship to the solar is just one study, where correlation and theoretic evaluation are certainly valid. Ozone is the link - but as just said, you can have -AOs with less discerned "flash" warming, or even warmer ambient conditions.

I would venture that the impact on the PV by extra-terrestrial events is currently minimal, because the activity since August as a whole is currently now registering.

By the way, modeling currently showing robust warming at all stratospheric levels taking place now through D10.

Its an icebox day 8-10 but its not a good pattern, EURO & GFS went bad for the long range imo.

Well we have been talking about some sort of relaxation with the PAC trying to become a bit more hostile. It may cause it to be a gradient pattern up this way..or perhaps we are maybe a bit too far south. This has been a possibility for days now. Then perhaps after the first week, we go back to a better pattern in terms of winter wx. With models all over the place, I wouldn't read too hard into specific details.

Well at least the Euro was a nice little taste of winter for SNE...it had Scooters weenie overrunning band for Tuesday...then perhaps a little bit as the storm tried to develop over the ocean before pulling northeast.

Looks like some uncertainty in the pattern for early December...so much spread.

KFS esque

@BigJoeBastardi: Going to be hard to cut storm with neg NAO next week. Look for final tracks va capes to off New England. #snowthreattonestates

Totally rediculous statement by Joseph. Take a crayon to a chart or a peak at recent Euro and CMC runs to see how it can happen. He missates the causal relationship. The NAO is just a number; a calculation. It's not some mythical force. It is the RESULT of the atmospheric circulations, not the CAUSE of them. The NAO and mean storm track are certainly correlated, but that's because they both RESULT from the global weather pattern.

Archived