Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken Burns Dust Bowl documentary on PBS right now.

Seems very similar to that "Black Blizzard" special on the History Channel a couple of years ago. Some of the same stories and people interviewed. Wish they had a little bit of a meteorological explanation of the conditions that contributed to the dust storms.

I hope the -NAO materializes, otherwise there seems to be quite a bit of PAC flow for the time being. Close to walking the line.

There goes Scooter with his caution flags.

I think even without a -NAO we still have a somewhat wintry appeal with cold spilling off the Pole and heading toward the U.S. border. Maybe a SWFE kind of pattern?

There goes Scooter with his caution flags.

I think even without a -NAO we still have a somewhat wintry appeal with cold spilling off the Pole and heading toward the U.S. border. Maybe a SWFE kind of pattern?

Yeah perhaps. I'm not terribly impressed with the GEFS, but we'll see as we get closer. The whole thing collapses towards the end. I mean it offers the chances of some wintry precip..I'm not denying that...but If we lose the -NAO or the Aleutian ridge...I hope the other takes over. It's still early in the season whereas this pattern 3 weeks later would be more favorable. Luckily I think the global scale stuff supports less of a breakdown and the EC sort of supports that so the beginning of December offers the chances of maybe 1 or 2 events into this first week?

It's coming! The fact that we are where we are on 11/19 is amazing considering the past year or 2.

And then there is the 06z GFS, although we know how that behaves beyond a week out. I'd probably lean against that drastic of a solution, but something more wintry for at least the interior is not impossible.

It's interesting beyond into the 11-15 day models break down the Aleutian ridge, but I think the tropics would argue for more PNA ridging of they are correct. Still a decent looking -NAO.

We are also seeing the subtropical jet get active. One can see this by looking at a satellite image and checking out the cirrus heading into Baja California.

Archived