• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Central PA - Is it really looking like Christmas?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commute this morning wasn't bad. East of the Susquehanna (traveling west on 30 to I-83S) it was predominantly rain (between 0600 and 0620). After crossing the Suquehanna at Wrightsville/Columbia and climbing out of the river valley, the mix changed to mostly snow. It maintained this mix through central york and to roughly 10 miles south of York city. (Around 0630) From that point south to Cockeysville, it was all rain, tapering off to a drizzle in Cockeysville. (At 0745)

Elevation must really make a difference. It turned to snow around 0630 and have about and inch up on the hill here.

It appeared to. Travelling across Susqehanna bridge I encountered mostly rain, the top of the hill on the western bank was mostly snow. I imagine you're about at the same elevation as the top of the western side of the river valley.

Half inch accum here at 9:00 with steady mainly light snow falling. Temp 32.8. Wonder if we make it to 2"?

earlier this am, i would have said no way. However, the temp appears to have dropped about 1 degree, when it did, that rain turned to snow. Over here, up on the hill from the farm show, the grass is now completely covered, with modeate snow.

As a younger man I can remember seeing tons of deer the first two days cause there were always a ton of folks out pushing them around. Now not so much. I think part of it is the lack of accessible hunting locations at least where I am and I believe part of it is that the newer generations aren't being brought into hunting as much as it was when I was a kid. Too many other things like tv, gaming, etc vying for their time. Sad to me really.

Archived