• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA - Is it really looking like Christmas?

This. I'm kinda "traditionalist" in my mind and the weather in some ways makes the environment for holidays more festive and enhanced, in my opinion. I'd prefer for the weather around Thanksgiving time to be cold and overcast with maybe the possibility for snow showers or something like that, but I can handle a sunny environment as long as it's cold. Warm and sunny and (especially) warm and cloudy bum me out.

I've been "ok" with it being sunny this week, though.

I'm the same. Tomorrow being warm is sort of meh to me.

I remember some really warm Tgivings but my two favorites are 1989, with the snow, and 1985, when it was cloudy, foggy/drizzly/showery, and low 40s. It just felt nice to be inside a warm house with family on those days.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember some really warm Tgivings but my two favorites are 1989, with the snow, and 1985, when it was cloudy, foggy/drizzly/showery, and low 40s. It just felt nice to be inside a warm house with family on those days.

with it being warm tomorrow, i probably won't even get a fire going, everyone looks forward to sitting on my hearth after they eat....

since i most likely won't be on the forum tomorrow, i'd like to wish all you guys a Happy Thanksgiving. And if i'm not on over the weekend, good luck to all those heading to the bush for the tropheys. Signs are looking good for us hunters.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too & everyone on here as well smile.png

We had a recent white Thanksgiving, I believe it was 2005 when we all got a few inches of snow Thanksgiving eve. I remember Thanksgiving weekend being frigid with lows in the single digits but when first thing Monday morning rolled around the first day of buck season we were in the 50s and socked in fog where we hunted. Opening day looks perfect this year with 20s for lows and low 40s for highs. Tues/Wed looks pretty intriguing. Has the look of at least some kind of overrunning event which could have rain and/or snow with it.

We had a recent white Thanksgiving, I believe it was 2005 when we all got a few inches of snow Thanksgiving eve. I remember Thanksgiving weekend being frigid with lows in the single digits but when first thing Monday morning rolled around the first day of buck season we were in the 50s and socked in fog where we hunted. Opening day looks perfect this year with 20s for lows and low 40s for highs. Tues/Wed looks pretty intriguing. Has the look of at least some kind of overrunning event which could have rain and/or snow with it.

Mag

Yep 2005 here is a picture of what we got.

Here I am 5 in the morning stuffing breadcrumbs up the dead birds butt...Turkey is in the oven.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Hi all. Happy Thanksgiving to all today. I'm sitting at the gate in Orlando where we had a beautiful sunrise...temp 54 degrees. Had a great 6 days in Disney World...first vacation in 3 years! I can see remotely that it got down to 24.0 at home this morning...coldest of the season to date. Is there some snow in our future next week? Latest disco liking the euro/gfs blend with storm staying south of pa?? Surprised zak and others arent saying more. Looking forward to turkey in Carlisle this afternoon with the in-laws.

Here is my first map.

Taking a look at models this afternoon, this is what we have come up with. This is our first prediction in terms of Precipitation types and a somewhat amount forecast.

Zones

Dark blue: Best chance of seeing snow and the heaviest snow ove

r over 3".

Light blue: Light snow with possible moderate snows at times. Accumulations of under 3" possible.

Darker pink color: Mix of rain and snow but, more snow. Under of snow 2" is possible.

Lighter pink: Mix but, more rain than snow. Maybe around 1" of snow.

Green: All rain.

622198_383902748361010_1661993229_o.jpg

Here is my first map.

Taking a look at models this afternoon, this is what we have come up with. This is our first prediction in terms of Precipitation types and a somewhat amount forecast.

Zones

Dark blue: Best chance of seeing snow and the heaviest snow ove

r over 3".

Light blue: Light snow with possible moderate snows at times. Accumulations of under 3" possible.

Darker pink color: Mix of rain and snow but, more snow. Under of snow 2" is possible.

Lighter pink: Mix but, more rain than snow. Maybe around 1" of snow.

Green: All rain.

Eastern you might want to think about developing one or two set color scales with correcponding snow values and including a legend on your maps. These elements would give a far superior visual presentation than what you have now.

Archived