• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

I'm already looking towards next weekend...‎0z GFS continues it's trend and what I thought it would do. The sourthern wave slows down even more in the srn plains as it crosses the rockies. The first nrn plains system rockets off to the northeast and weakens as we see new sfc low development in the srn plains as this wave ends up going neutral tilt (looking like the Euro run from the other day) sfc low passes over DVN/DBQ and then goes neg tilt further north with a WI/MN snowstorm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp is dropping quickly tonight, 29 right now. Looks like we will finally get our first hard freeze.

Hit 28° here in the last hour. Bounced back up to 30°, but is falling back off again...

---

0z GFS showing 1" snowfall area making it into IL with slightly cooler surface temperatures.

I'm already looking towards next weekend...‎0z GFS continues it's trend and what I thought it would do. The sourthern wave slows down even more in the srn plains as it crosses the rockies. The first nrn plains system rockets off to the northeast and weakens as we see new sfc low development in the srn plains as this wave ends up going neutral tilt (looking like the Euro run from the other day) sfc low passes over DVN/DBQ and then goes neg tilt further north with a WI/MN snowstorm.

Certainly an interesting one to watch unfold for the week. With the amount of energy forecast to crash ashore tomorrow-Wednesday I am not too surprised at what the GFS is depicting.

Looks like the new Euro tries to wrap up a pretty good secondary storm next Monday much like several of the GFS runs that Tsnow mentioned. Still a long ways out but at least it's finally something to watch (that isn't impacting the eastern US).

Still in fantasy range, but this would be the first wide swath of significant accumulating snow for our region.

111212k.jpg

Looks like the new Euro tries to wrap up a pretty good secondary storm next Monday much like several of the GFS runs that Tsnow mentioned. Still a long ways out but at least it's finally something to watch (that isn't impacting the eastern US).

Still in fantasy range, but this would be the first wide swath of significant accumulating snow for our region.

Fairly good agreement with the 12z GEFS of this secondary low. Track, locations, timing, etc of course varies...but yeah, something to watch.

Archived