• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

Unless the strength of the blocking over the Atlantic is underdone by the models, it looks like a D7-10 will feature a notable warm up. Given how amplified the models are with that W US trough, it wouldn't surprise me if they're too fast with the cold front. So said warm up might be protracted by a couple of days. After that, it's anyone's guess. At 240 hours the OP EURO has closed off a -28c contour at 850mb over Nunavut, associated with the PV. This is the lowest temp on that plot I've seen since last winter. Seems the arctic air will be willing and waiting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless the strength of the blocking over the Atlantic is underdone by the models, it looks like a D7-10 will feature a notable warm up. Given how amplified the models are with that W US trough, it wouldn't surprise me if they're too fast with the cold front. So said warm up might be protracted by a couple of days. After that, it's anyone's guess. At 240 hours the OP EURO has closed off a -28c contour at 850mb over Nunavut, associated with the PV. This is the lowest temp on that plot I've seen since last winter. Seems the arctic air will be willing and waiting.

Near Record highs possibly? Classic setup for record high temps. I bet it pushes close to 65-70 next Sun/Mon timeframe before Artic air dominates in the longe range.

I also love cloudy days, especially in winter. What snow lover wouldn't? You are right about winter sun. Especially when the pole decides to take a dump on us, the sun bouncing off of the powder is so bright as to be overwhelming in contrast to those steel gray days.That being said, by the end of February, I'm ready for it to be over. Give me heat and sun and let the snow and cold be done.

Woke up to frosty rooptops...and a clear, blue sky. Been a while since weve seen blue sky here. Its nice for sure, and itd be nice to stick around all day..but then we can go back into a canopy of gray for the next 10 days and it wouldnt bother me a bit. It is November!

Woke up to frosty rooptops...and a clear, blue sky. Been a while since weve seen blue sky here. Its nice for sure, and itd be nice to stick around all day..but then we can go back into a canopy of gray for the next 10 days and it wouldnt bother me a bit. It is November!

Puddles are frozen solid this morning.

Clouds are back in. Making this the 9th overcast day in a row

Clouds around here have so much effect on temps in winter (with no lake/big city influence). Sure its nice to have a sunny Jan day warm up the house, but by 5pm, the sun is gone and the temps are plummeting. Easily can drop to -20F under clear skies and thick snow cover. With clouds, i'd be lucky to drop even into the low single digits. Not sure how exactly cold one can get with thick cloud cover, but it can't be much lower then about 5F or so....unless clouds move in after midnite when the temps have already dropped far below 0F.

Even on blue sky days, I get homemade contrail clouds ...i must live under a main corridor for air traffic...

Mild air moves in next weekend...Maybe one last shot at some 60Fs.

Near Record highs possibly? Classic setup for record high temps. I bet it pushes close to 65-70 next Sun/Mon timeframe before Artic air dominates in the longe range.

Man U ain't kidding. Peeked at the GFS and it looks like a Nov 2009 type set-up. Someone for sure is gonna get some 60s and maybe sneak a 70.

taken a few minutes ago.

Gorgeous.

Sure thing, gotta prepare myself for our No Hope football team.

Drink up. beer.gif

Ping Ping Ping.. Damn sleet!

Every time I see sleet, it brings back bad memories. Ugh.

I give it a pass in early November. Having some snow mixed in helped too. A month or so from now though...dread.

Steel gray skies here at 40°. Milwaukee has mentioned someone in southern WI could see some sleet or snowflakes from the passing light radar returns overhead.

Might put up the xmas lights on the along the roof-line if it's going to be in the 60s again!

Man U ain't kidding. Peeked at the GFS and it looks like a Nov 2009 type set-up. Someone for sure is gonna get some 60s and maybe sneak a 70.

I need that time to get some projects done. Looks like "Winter" settles in after the 15th. I would not be surprised to see a white Thanksgiving.

We have sunshine now, but still clouds around. Another bike ride this afternoon.

You can't beat weather like this..especially without snow cover. Perfect (50F) for outdoor activities.

I love that 50F to 70F range of temps.,..by far the most comfortable. Even 40F to 50F isn't bad if you have a hat on...my head gets cold way too easy. .

Archived