joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee isn't at an inch, but Madison is! Actually it's very early Sunday.

GFS_3_2012103112_F96_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

My bad, I assumed you were talking precip, as I didn't think you would be talking about snow in terms of quarters of an inch. An inch of snow in Madison is a prospect that has a shot at happening, though warm ground will likely still hamper any accumulation.

My bad, I assumed you were talking precip, as I didn't think you would be talking about snow in terms of quarters of an inch. An inch of snow in Madison is a prospect that has a shot at happening, though warm ground will likely still hamper any accumulation.

Ground isn't that warm anymore, we've been getting solid freezes every night. Boundary layer temps will likely be a bigger issue... thinking we'll get a dusting if this unfolds.

The ground in front of my house (north facing/shaded) already has frost in it...snow would stick without any issues right now. I also had ice chunks out in one of my planters all day today (didn't melt even when I looked this evening)...

36F now...dp of 20F...NE winds...NWS shows 31F...hmmmm..unless thick clouds move in I say we move back into the 20Fs again easily.

I'm a huge fan of things getting darker earlier. It conjures up happy memories from my childhood. Pining for the two week break from school at Christmas. The excitement and anticipation of the season (food, family, presents). Going out to shovel the driveway in the pitch black at 4.45 in the afternoon. Being dazzled by all the lights and decorations on the neighbours' houses as well as our own.

Years later even though a lot of that Christmas time luster has worn off, I still get ripples of nostalgia when the sun goes down real early.

Nostalgia FTW.

And for those that get up early to go to work...right now it's a drag being dark in the morning. Not to forget the lousy Eastern time zone here. I miss the Central time zone. sad.png

Last but not least, definitely the 0z Euro being an hour earlier.

Ugh, having to stay up until 2:30 in the morning on a work night would be brutal. Hopefully Congress doesn't get stupid and extend DST year round. The trends the last 30 years aren't encouraging though.

Early sunrises and late sunsets are the best.

Early nightfalls and late daylights (Detroit sees very few sunsets and sunrises in the winter, which actually delays daylight about 15-20 minutes in the morning and accelerates the arrival of darkness about 15-20 minutes around sunset) suck. I don't understand why any person in their right mind would enjoy dealing with a dark rush hour.

Early sunrises and late sunsets are the best.

Early nightfalls and late daylights (Detroit has very few sunsets and sunrises in the winter) suck. I don't understand why any person in their right mind would enjoy dealing with a dark rush hour.

Agree! With the lack of sunshine comes the lack of energy. Honestly cloudy days literally make me sleepy. Sometimes I feel so tired. Cloudy days can become very tiring and stressful!

We go through this every year...

...and the obvious answer is later sunset>earlier sunrise.

This board is like an old married couple. Tim needs to move 40 miles west and the sun would come up 1 hour earlier.

EDIT: Warning, editorial comment, Indiana should have gone on Central time when they established DST. End of rant.

The next 7 days look rather boring around here. Upper 40's highs and lower 30's lows with very small chances of precip.

Archived