• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

It depends if you're a morning person or a night person. I don't like wasting daylight so I wake up around 5-6 am. Also I recently adopted a kitten and he wakes me up even earlier than that sometimes.

Down to 30 °F, another chilly Fall morning.

Kittens are awesome, just throwing that out there and personally I am a night person, which is why I am about to go to bed here in a bit, though my job dictates my sleep schedule a bit as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 28 °F as of 8 am, brrrrr. At least it's sunny.

Kittens are awesome, just throwing that out there and personally I am a night person, which is why I am about to go to bed here in a bit, though my job dictates my sleep schedule a bit as well.

He's gonna be a meteorologist one day. I named him Cat 1.

534514_10151099211992015_1469685251_n.jpg

Nostalgia FTW.

And for those that get up early to go to work...right now it's a drag being dark in the morning. Not to forget the lousy Eastern time zone here. I miss the Central time zone. sad.png

I still feel angry about being rammed into the Eastern Time Zone. It is not consistent with our actual sunrise/sunset!!!! I am always surprised when I am in other parts of the country that people don't have to go to work in the dark.

Snow and sleet mix here ATM. Cloudy/dark morning. Sun gods are punishing us as of late.

Working 5 scaffold high which is about 30 feet against the wind. BRUTAL! Im begging for some sun. Can't wait for the 50-60's to return next weekend and beyond. To early for winter. Winter can wait till after Thanksgiving.

Down to 28 °F as of 8 am, brrrrr. At least it's sunny.

He's gonna be a meteorologist one day. I named him Cat 1.

Cool kitty! Start teaching them while they're young - that's why I say! cool.png

Lol, clever name. I got two older cats, but they don't pay that much attention to the weather! - except thunderstorms!

--

A chilly 30° reading this morning. Cumulus starting to build already.

Skilling mentioning LEShowers, maybe a few snowflakes to boot tomorrow morning!

Amazing how much more sun you get on that side of the lake.... I would be shocked to see full sun here more then 10 times between now and Jan 1st.

AGREE!!!

The sun was out a few hours last Sunday but not much else the past 10 days or longer.

Snowed off and on, but more on than i expected today. Accumulated on the porch and truck a bit but melted off when the intensity let up. just puddles left now.

THAT! sun.gif

Did I miss something? Are you really moving to California?

I know I may be in the minority, but I like cloudy days in late-Fall and winter. And the excess of cloudiness we get in SE MI does not at all bother me, because we get PLENTY of sunshine in the summer. Its a welcome change, and walking out of work today, I thought, wow, this is THE definition of "November". A billowy gray overcast, temp near 40F, a light breeze, mostly bare trees but a tree here and there clinging to some burgandy or brown foliage. And once snow season really starts, save for a bitterly cold day with that cobalt blue sky contrasting with fresh white snow, I love those dark, cloudy days. Whats interesting to me, is if you look back at our climate records, our very cold, snowy winters have a lot of sunny days mixed in. Its the mild winters that are endless days of murky overcast. Torchies never think of this, but its very true.

Bro said it was snowing at home in WB this morning.

I smirked.

Had a brief shower this morning that was a mix of snow and rain here, actually 0.01" in the rain gauge....but DTW only reported rain with it. Very clearly snow here, in fact Id say more snow than rain, but obviously just a quick wetting of the ground.

Did I miss something? Are you really moving to California?

I know I may be in the minority, but I like cloudy days in late-Fall and winter. And the excess of cloudiness we get in SE MI does not at all bother me, because we get PLENTY of sunshine in the summer. Its a welcome change, and walking out of work today, I thought, wow, this is THE definition of "November". A billowy gray overcast, temp near 40F, a light breeze, mostly bare trees but a tree here and there clinging to some burgandy or brown foliage. And once snow season really starts, save for a bitterly cold day with that cobalt blue sky contrasting with fresh white snow, I love those dark, cloudy days. Whats interesting to me, is if you look back at our climate records, our very cold, snowy winters have a lot of sunny days mixed in. Its the mild winters that are endless days of murky overcast. Torchies never think of this, but its very true.

I also love cloudy days, especially in winter. What snow lover wouldn't? You are right about winter sun. Especially when the pole decides to take a dump on us, the sun bouncing off of the powder is so bright as to be overwhelming in contrast to those steel gray days.That being said, by the end of February, I'm ready for it to be over. Give me heat and sun and let the snow and cold be done.

Precipitation pushing across Wisconsin associated with a jet streak, 80+ kt max at 300 hPa. Low level cold air stuck in place especially over the eastern half of the state, I'm wondering if there's any frozen precip going on. Seems like our best shot at it so far this season. Might be mostly virga though, I can't find any precip obs.

Archived