• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

Fun fact: the 21º at LAF this morning is already colder than any minimum temperature recorded last November. By a pretty good margin too...27º being the lowest min temp in Nov 2011. Also whipped Nov 2009 pretty good too.

Nov 2011: 27º (11th, 17th, 18th, and 31st)

Nov 2010: 21º (19th and 28th)

Nov 2009: 29º (1st)

Nov 2008: 14º (22nd)

Nov 2007: 23º (7th, 25th, and 29th)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bold Call I am about to make right now.

This more applies to the Toronto crew since most of the sub forum have broken their long streaks of above normal temps , here in Toronto we have not yet and just finished October almost 2 degrees above normal. Despite November starting out cold I think Toronto at least will likely finish above normal for the month and most likely December as well making it 21 straight months of AN Temps at YYZ. Now I might be wrong but the way how I'm seeing things now that's my call

Bold Call I am about to make right now.

This more applies to the Toronto crew since most of the sub forum have broken their long streaks of above normal temps , here in Toronto we have not yet and just finished October almost 2 degrees above normal. Despite November starting out cold I think Toronto at least will likely finish above normal for the month and most likely December as well making it 21 straight months of AN Temps at YYZ. Now I might be wrong but the way how I'm seeing things now that's my call

YYZ was +1.3 for October (10.2C versus the 1971-00 normal of 8.9C).

But apparently, a bold call would be going below normal.

Welp, reading in between the lines...better luck in 2013-14. ;)

Based on TWC's interactive radar, looks like there is a mix of precip in the counties just west of the metro Milwaukee area. Temps in the western suburbs are in the upper 30s, so if they could drop a few degrees as the heavier band of precip moves in, who knows we might see a mix.

Every time I look at the radar, the mix fills in more, so even in the middle of the afternoon, evaporational cooling must be taking effect.

Mich-

-19F right now in Fairbanks, AK... need some of that

rain done here

I hear ya. Although, I suppose if we were clear, it would be one of those weather patterns where the afternoon high hits 50F after a morning low of 23F..but being socked in the thick clouds and seeing your high just nip 41F or so after a low of 30F makes it actually feel even more wintry. In the pre-weather-model days I can just see the old-timers on days like the past several saying "it smells like it wants to snow" lol. This is always that trying time of year because you KNOW winter is coming, the colors of Fall are gone but the snow has not arrived....and the wait is on. Like I posted in the Nov 12/13 thread, it seems to be a now-annual custom that many of us northerners tend to wait for our first real snow while areas that average much less snow/winter than us will get one first. In the end, we still will have the much better winter, but we have to wait JUST a bit more and in the meantime see someone else get the first snow.

Noticed a few ice pellets coming down in a heavier shower near Antioch about 2pm. Sitting at about 37° right now.

- Weather doesn't seem to be keeping voters away around my town!

I hear ya Snowfreak. The waiting seems like it lasted much longer than it really does between Halloween and about Thanksgiving when the first accumulating snows happen! Hopefully the 12th storm works out for some of us here!

Archived