Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclone-

I won't post it again, but the NAEFS is a torch....

http://www.weatherof...combinee_e.html

Wouldn't be shocked we see more weather like this... Although it sure looks wintery Mon/Tues...

Yeah I'm hoping we see a few flakes tomorrow night since it looks like the pattern becomes benign again after that. Sep-Nov is notoriously the most boring weather of the year IMO, so at least we're about through it.

Cyclone-

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/ensemble/naefs/semaine2_combinee_e.html

Wouldn't be shocked we see more weather like this... Although it sure looks wintery Mon/Tues...

Those maps are terrible... The last 3 months had just about the entire western hemisphere above normal, hardly any of it verified outside the arctic.

Jon

Cyclone-

http://www.weatherof...combinee_e.html

Those maps this autumn have been warm biased more than once. The entirety of next week looks below normal to normal. This two day warm up won't hardly register on the ongoing departure below normal.

I wouldn't be concerned with anything mild showing up beyond D10. I expect it to be quite through Thanksgiving and then get more active in the wintry department.

High 64° today; couple moderate showers, felt really warm given these were the highest temperatures in 3 weeks.

Bold prediction: Many members of our subforum will see their first 1"+ snow around the 18th of Nov. Of course this is not counting Bo and our MN contributors.

Please save this post for bump trolling purposes.

That is about what I am thinking too!

46° for a high today. Looks like winter outside about. Oak trees have many leaves though, and some stubborn maple leaves holding on somehow. - Otherwise the trees are 95% bare.

Those maps this autumn have been warm biased more than once. The entirety of next week looks below normal to normal. This two day warm up won't hardly register on the ongoing departure below normal.

I wouldn't be concerned with anything mild showing up beyond D10. I expect it to be quite through Thanksgiving and then get more active in the wintry department.

High 64° today; couple moderate showers, felt really warm given these were the highest temperatures in 3 weeks.

Changed your mind about the first snow?

I'm just pulling your chain. Even with modern scientific knowledge, forecasting at that range is a crapshoot since weather is chaos. My prediction looks to be wrong, but there's still a few days for things to change!

Changed your mind about the first snow?

I'm just pulling your chain. Even with modern scientific knowledge, forecasting at that range is a crapshoot since weather is chaos. My prediction looks to be wrong, but there's still a few days for things to change!

Yeah about the 18th. Meant to type, quiet through Thanksgiving.

I was reading in the NE forum that waves moving through Siberia will dislodge the Aleutian Low about Thanksgiving. I was thinking accumulating snow here within a week after Halloween - that didn't work out too well!

...On another note why is Thanksgiving so early this year!?

That GoAK low starts to move towards the northwest coast at 240 hours. High starting to nose it's way in over the eastern Aleutians. Better to see the Alaska low in November then in December!

Winds are roaring here tonight! Gusts to 30mph easily.

Yeah about the 18th. Meant to type, quiet through Thanksgiving.

I was reading in the NE forum that waves moving through Siberia will dislodge the Aleutian Low about Thanksgiving. I was thinking accumulating snow here within a week after Halloween - that didn't work out too well!

...On another note why is Thanksgiving so early this year!?

Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday of November...so it can range from Nov 22 to Nov 28. This year, it just happens to be Nov 22.

Last Measurable Snow in Green Bay was March 8

The last measurable snowfall in Green Bay was March 8. That makes the current streak of 246 consecutive days without measurable snow the eighth longest in Green Bay weather records.

Rank # Days End Date

1 279 12/13/1999

2 266 11/29/1946

3 261 12/11/1899

4 260 11/20/1945

5 251 11/28/1984

6 250 12/22/2001

7 248 11/19/1978

8 246 11/ 9/2012 <-- Streak continues

9 245 11/20/1970

10 242 11/26/1931

Last Measurable Snow in Green Bay was March 8

The last measurable snowfall in Green Bay was March 8. That makes the current streak of 246 consecutive days without measurable snow the eighth longest in Green Bay weather records.

Rank # Days End Date

1 279 12/13/1999

2 266 11/29/1946

3 261 12/11/1899

4 260 11/20/1945

5 251 11/28/1984

6 250 12/22/2001

7 248 11/19/1978

8 246 11/ 9/2012 <-- Streak continues

9 245 11/20/1970

10 242 11/26/1931

Yet another streak/record set by the almighty march torch of 2012.

Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday of November...so it can range from Nov 22 to Nov 28. This year, it just happens to be Nov 22.

Ok. I thought it was always the last Thursday of the month regardless.

The wind - tell me about it! It's blowing harder then it was when Sandy was pushing through PA! House is really creaking tonight!

Windiest it's been in quite awhile here this evening. Been getting several gusts up to near 35mph. Looks like we could get some 40mph gusts tomorrow morning ahead of the front. Temps look to crash from the mid 60s to the 30s between 1 and 6pm. Some of the models still indicate a little wet snow at the tail end, but it will be a close call.

Archived