amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2012 General Discussion

SpartyOn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parts of ILX also got in on the sleet action this morning--but nothing here in Springfield that I'm aware of (albeit I was asleep during the rain/possible sleet early this morning):

NWUS53 KILX 031537

LSRILX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL

1037 AM CDT SAT NOV 03 2012

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0830 AM SLEET CHAMPAIGN 40.11N 88.26W

11/03/2012 E0.00 INCH CHAMPAIGN IL PUBLIC

TIME ESTIMATED

0755 AM SLEET MANSFIELD 40.21N 88.51W

11/03/2012 E0.00 INCH PIATT IL PUBLIC

0200 AM SLEET JACKSONVILLE 39.73N 90.23W

11/03/2012 E0.00 INCH MORGAN IL PUBLIC

0900 AM SLEET FINDLAY 39.52N 88.75W

11/03/2012 E0.00 INCH SHELBY IL PUBLIC

0430 AM SLEET BLOOMINGTON 40.48N 88.97W

11/03/2012 E0.00 INCH MCLEAN IL PUBLIC

&&

$$

GEELHART

Can't help but have flashbacks to GHD when it sleets. laugh.png

Kinda cool forecast for us today

THIS AFTERNOON MOSTLY CLOUDY. CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS WITH POSSIBLE SLEET AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

That's what I was talking about earlier when I said it brings back bad memories.

Some hail has been reported south of Indy. Did you guys ever hear any thunder?

Special Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH

158 PM EDT SAT NOV 3 2012

USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING THIS AFTERNOON. ALLOW A LITTLE EXTRA

TIME AND DISTANCE FOR BRAKING. REMEMBER TO TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS

AND WIND SHIELD WIPERS.

LMAO....That just makes me laugh!.....NO I will not turn on my windshield wipers when it's pouring outside..

Out like roasted turkey?

Quite the underachiever in temps here today. 39º for the high so far at LAF. Lafayette's finest TV met had 53º for today...el o el.

So you're saying Chad got left hanging?

Sorry about the bad political pun, but it tis the season.

Was around 40 here all day,but the sun came out awhile ago and we had a 5° jump, now up to 45. The point has had around 47 here for several days, but this morning it was down to 42.

So you're saying Chad got left hanging?

Sorry about the bad political pun, but it tis the season.

Was around 40 here all day,but the sun came out awhile ago and we had a 5° jump, now up to 45. The point has had around 47 here for several days, but this morning it was down to 42.

B-

:D

But yeah, we're still socked in with overcast here.

Can't help but have flashbacks to GHD when it sleets. laugh.png

Kinda cool forecast for us today

THIS AFTERNOON MOSTLY CLOUDY. CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS WITH POSSIBLE SLEET AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

You must have gotten quite a bit of sleet then during the GHD Blizzard! How close were you to the snow area then?

No sleet or any precipitation here today. Very cool though - only 43°.

Special Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH

158 PM EDT SAT NOV 3 2012

USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING THIS AFTERNOON. ALLOW A LITTLE EXTRA

TIME AND DISTANCE FOR BRAKING. REMEMBER TO TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS

AND WIND SHIELD WIPERS.

LMAO....That just makes me laugh!.....NO I will not turn on my windshield wipers when it's pouring outside..

lmaosmiley.gif That is pretty funny. Do they think people are that non-observant!

Heading south on Monday morning for two weeks. (Disney vacation for the kids!! ) The weather has me worried. I hope the cold and snow can hold off or I will have to high tail it back. Will take 30hrs or so to get home due to the 5th wheel trailer and the kids PP factor.

So what are you thinking?? Is it safe?? My wife is having kittens for the fact of not knowing. Have been telling her everything looks great on the models so lets go! Will be planning to be back home on the 16th.

For those who don't know, I am a snow plowing contractor here in the Windsor area. Not very often I hope for it not to snow.

For the second year in a row, the EC looks to get in on some early season action. I hope this doesn't foreshadow a repeat of last year.

EDIT: This may be something for Mike and the Toronto crew to keep an eye on. The GFS appears to be west of the Euro.

I have been keeping an eye on it, but only because I'm a hopeless weenie. In reality, it has almost no shot of being anything consequential here.

Even along the EC, it does look kind of warm. Maybe the risk of slush in the highest points in NY and NNE? But definitely away from the population. That's my superficial analysis anyway.

Heading south on Monday morning for two weeks. (Disney vacation for the kids!! ) The weather has me worried. I hope the cold and snow can hold off or I will have to high tail it back. Will take 30hrs or so to get home due to the 5th wheel trailer and the kids PP factor.

So what are you thinking?? Is it safe?? My wife is having kittens for the fact of not knowing. Have been telling her everything looks great on the models so lets go! Will be planning to be back home on the 16th.

For those who don't know, I am a snow plowing contractor here in the Windsor area. Not very often I hope for it not to snow.

You'll be fine. Why are you worried? There's no indication of an early snowy period setting in. It looks like it'll probably get colder after the mini torch next weekend. But nothing radical compared to mid November climo.

You must have gotten quite a bit of sleet then during the GHD Blizzard! How close were you to the snow area then?

No sleet or any precipitation here today. Very cool though - only 43°.

Had a solid 3-4" of sleet accompanied by 40-50 mph gusts. Never seen anything like it. The good snows were not terribly far away. It was looking borderline for several days so not as bad as getting the rug pulled out at the last minute.

Had a solid 3-4" of sleet accompanied by 40-50 mph gusts. Never seen anything like it. The good snows were not terribly far away. It was looking borderline for several days so not as bad as getting the rug pulled out at the last minute.

I have yet to see a sleet event greater than an inch or even close to it! Usually when it sleets here, it doesn't last long. It either switches to snow or freezing rain.

Didn't see a lick of sun today! Been hanging around 32° for the last 3 hours or so tonight.

I have yet to see a sleet event greater than an inch or even close to it! Usually when it sleets here, it doesn't last long. It either switches to snow or freezing rain.

Didn't see a lick of sun today! Been hanging around 32° for the last 3 hours or so tonight.

Pretty much all of my sleet events prior to that were coating to 1/2".

I have been keeping an eye on it, but only because I'm a hopeless weenie. In reality, it has almost no shot of being anything consequential here.

Even along the EC, it does look kind of warm. Maybe the risk of slush in the highest points in NY and NNE? But definitely away from the population. That's my superficial analysis anyway.

Your analysis is probably correct, but I'm pulling for you guys to have a good year up there.

Low of 28F this morning is the first hard freeze at DTW (first freeze, however, was way back Oct 11th). With this talk of sleet, I am in the group who cannot recall more than a half inch of sleet at any given time. While it would be interesting to see, and no doubt 3-4" would take a LOT to melt (basically an extra firm snowcover) Id probably be a little upset knowing that means someone near me got creamed with snow.

Archived