Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh now that is actually cooler haha. Pics of that when it happens! Good luck, should be cold enough. I bet you need at least 25-26F for a homemade system unless you have one heck of a compressor.

Wetbulb dependent, not air temp. Depends how low the rh is...but yes wetbulb should be down around 25 or lower

I have a bunch of pics right now. I made 2' in one night last year and everyone called me a weenie :(

Wetbulb dependent, not air temp. Depends how low the rh is...but yes wetbulb should be down around 25 or lower

I have a bunch of pics right now. I made 2' in one night last year and everyone called me a weenie :(

Haha being called a weenie isnt a bad thing. I'm a double bunner when it comes to snow ;)

oh of course - yeah I meant tropics in general.

this thing in the Bahamas ain't got a prayer

Yeah that storm east of the Antilles might have an indirect effect on us next week.

I like home brew stuff like the one near the Bahamas. Sometimes it looks like complete crap, but can be fun if incorporated into a mid latitude cyclone.

Can you imagine a freakish scenario where there was teens type cold in western Ontario on the west side of a deep trough that happened to have a TC churning up its eastern flanks? TC slams across SNE knocking out all infrastructure way worse than last year's October snow, then the trough comes through and the cold arrives unabated -

man, that would su uh uh-uh UCK!

Definitely an interesting look towards the end of the month with an almost split flow look in AK of all places and a weak -NAO block. The ridging to the north of AK actually tries to poke the PV south into Hudson Bay during this time. There are some signs we may be right on the line here.

Definitely an interesting look towards the end of the month with an almost split flow look in AK of all places and a weak -NAO block. The ridging to the north of AK actually tries to poke the PV south into Hudson Bay during this time. There are some signs we may be right on the line here.

eh, it's typical... They'll probably go with a frost advisory for the coastal comms sometime tomorrow, and freeze warn interior SE zones and points NW.

Norwood can get pretty darn cold during radiator nights.

Wow ! The 18z NAM has a 980mb temperature of just +1C over Logan overnight tomorrow night. 12z wasn't much warmer at +2C!

Yeah, with the wind going calm, there may be some micro climates that are elevated around downtown urban Cambridge, Chelsea and Boston, but to a very close proximity it would likely be right at 0C and that is probably too discrete a scale to delineate watches. I can see where they are coming from.

I gotta think places like rural Barre would be about 23F at 7am, Saturday.

AIT?

Yeah I'm thinking 1-3" is possible tonight. NWS just said with it already being 30F on the top of the mountain, with moisture streaming in from the west, there definitely should be some accums up there tonight.

I'm a little surprised they are only going with 50% POPs though... its pretty much a lock it'll precipitate on the northern Spine tonight.

MAIN CONCERN IS WHETHER WE CAN EFFECTIVELY COOL OVRNGT TO ALLOW FOR

FROST DEVELOPMENT PRIOR TO THE APPROACH OF CLOUDS ASSOC WITH A

MID-UPR LVL TROUGH EJECTING EWD OUT OF THE GRT LKS RGN."

I was wondering about this for tonight, too - we have 30-35dps in the area and a brief window of chance to decouple... Might get close -

Yeah, from what I'm looking at synoptically I tend to echo KTAN on this one...

THE EXPECTATION IS FOR TEMPS TO FALL AN AVERAGE OF 25 DEGREES FROM

DAYTIME HIGHS TO NIGHTTIME LOWS. THEREFORE A WIDESPREAD HARD FREEZE

IS EXPECTED FOR MUCH OF INTERIOR NEW ENGLAND WITH LOWS IN THE

MID-UPR 20S...WITH TEMPS AROUND THE LOW 30S FOR SHORELINE LOCALES.

HAVE EXTENDED THE FREEZE WATCH ACCORDINGLY WITH GREATER CONFIDENCE

THAT NEAR-SHORE LOCALES MAY FALL TO 32 DEGREES.

Archived