• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

BOX actually has a low of 33F for logan airport...which while not a record for the date (the records for BOS go back to the late 1800s), it would be the earliest 33F reading at BOS since 1984...not bad if that happens.

If they can't manage 33F but manage a 34F, it would be the earliest 34F reading at BOS since 1993.

I'll be surprised if they are that low. I think more 35-36 bit we'll see I guess.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even a 35F at BOS would be still the earliest for that cold of a reading since 1993. I think 2000 had a 36F earlier than that. I def remember seeing a 36F in 1996 in early October when I was looking over it. So if they can break 36F, then that would still be earliest sub-36F in almost 20 years.

Dumping graupel even down into town... this stuff makes a lot of noise when it hits the leaves on the ground.

Just got back from the summit, a nice 1" of snow and windblown small drifts everywhere. 5.5" since Sunday now in 3 separate snowfalls.

IMG_8171_edited-1.jpg

This mountain is a snow lovers dream home.

IMG_8164_edited-1.jpg

Ahhh the squeak of boots on snow.

IMG_8176_edited-1.jpg

Typical changeable October! Using the NAM's 12z mass fields, because they have reasonable continuity and match well with the Global as a discrete version of those latter coarser tools ... sharp cold insert flips around with good rapidity heading into Sunday. Could see it zip toward 70F Sunday afternoon with robust warm return winds. That after a possible low of 25F in proficient radiator locales later tonight.

Very fast. WAA rain --> deep CAA for several hours --> High crests overnight with cold --> return flow kicks in and it balms out on Sunday.

Typical changeable October! Using the NAM's 12z mass fields, because they have reasonable continuity and match well with the Global as a discrete version of those latter coarser tools ... sharp cold insert flips around with good rapidity heading into Sunday. Could see it zip toward 70F Sunday afternoon with robust warm return winds. That after a possible low of 25F in proficient radiator locales later tonight.

Very fast. WAA rain --> deep CAA for several hours --> High crests overnight with cold --> return flow kicks in and it balms out on Sunday.

Yeah its definitely a very brief, but intense cold shot. A 24-30 hour air mass and then we are already getting good return flow from the south. MOS has highs near 70F for BOS on Sunday. Could be a 14-16F turnaround in high temps and it could be a 20-25F turn around in low temps from tomorrow morning to Monday morning. Could be upper 20s here tomorrow morning while its in the lower to mid 50s on Monday morning.

Even a 35F at BOS would be still the earliest for that cold of a reading since 1993. I think 2000 had a 36F earlier than that. I def remember seeing a 36F in 1996 in early October when I was looking over it. So if they can break 36F, then that would still be earliest sub-36F in almost 20 years.

Yeah it's definitely impressive no doubt. Seeing anything close to 35 this time of year is not easy for the city. If winds can avoid anything south of 300 tonight they could get pretty cold. I was thinking 34 here a couple of days ago. Might actually get near 32 if it works out.

PF posts from 4k as if half the state lives at that elevation lol. I live it though. Your excitement is palpable

lol... I get soooo stoked this time of year to see the white stuff. I mean its right up the road. I just wish everyone had an easy access 4,000ft piece of terrain closer to them than the nearest supermarket ;)

The thing is we are even getting frozen in town though, too. Its graupel but every so often it looks very close to pure flakes. Oh wait... no way. It is actually snowing out right now at 750ft.

lol... I get soooo stoked this time of year to see the white stuff. I mean its right up the road. I just wish everyone had an easy access 4,000ft piece of terrain closer to them than the nearest supermarket ;)

The thing is we are even getting frozen in town though, too. Its graupel but every so often it looks very close to pure flakes. Oh wait... no way. It is actually snowing out right now at 750ft.

LOL it's all good. 45 with rain where I am south of BOS. Very chilly.

Nice bro, Scooter needs to move.

Going to wear 3 sweatshirts and my Whale jersey to the game tonight. Still can't believe the coldest night of this one day cold snap has to be tonight of all nights. just like two years ago when New Years day was like 10F with 40 mph winds...of course that would have to happen on the day of the outdoor game. At least it isn't raining though.

Going to wear 3 sweatshirts and my Whale jersey to the game tonight. Still can't believe the coldest night of this one day cold snap has to be tonight of all nights. just like two years ago when New Years day was like 10F with 40 mph winds...of course that would have to happen on the day of the outdoor game. At least it isn't raining though.

:weenie:

Archived