Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Rocktober like the old days. Bridging to winter

weathafella

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the diurnals out west are insane. Stanley Idaho has some of the craziest range from min to max. They went from 20F to 69F today.

Stanley is in an awesome location. I've been there several times and a few have been the national low. The station is actually not even in the lowest spot - it's on a hill behind a hotel there. The entire basin sits at over 5000' and is surrounded by 10-12,000' snow capped mountains. I've always liked that area because it's every bit as gorgeous as the Tetons without the crowds.

There's a good collection of pictures of the area here: http://www.sawtoothcamera.com/guest.html

I loved forecasting out west in the challenge. Most of the forecasters like to hug MOS, but you can really take advantage of them in some of those cities. I think I finished 4th at UIL back in 08-09.

Wow, that's crazy. Now just imagine if that gave you an edge in the eyes of an employer...:lol: What is UIL? I'm trying to find your results.

Wow, that's crazy. Now just imagine if that gave you an edge in the eyes of an employer...:lol: What is UIL? I'm trying to find your results.

Quillayute, WA.

I won a 1st place trophy for my group for JFK, finished 4th at BTV, got a 2nd place overall in my group for 08-09, and I won the tourney in 09-10. BTV in Mar 2010 was a great time to use meteorology over MOS.

Mon Looks warm...then we get a mild down. Warm it back up late week...then another cold fropa for the weekend. No prolonged torchiness. It always looked mild overall.

Yeah not torchy, thanks to the coastal keeping the high in place, but overall milder look. Basically as we expected. At least its a little cooler than it looked several days ago.

Archived