Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Hurricane Isaac Storm Reports

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The eyewall of the storm is in the perfect spot for funneling water into the area and the storm is basically stalled, it doesn't even need to wrap up to know things are going to get worse for awhile. It's not right for government officials to be this freaking oblivious to reality.

9.9 ft of surge now at Shell Beach, 0.4 ft more than Gustav.

10.06 now

The reason a lull has been observed along the river is due to the eye being over the mouth of the river, winds are low TS force down at pilot town. When the backside of the eyewall hits as this crawls NW/wraps up (which is slowly happening right now, winds are increasing again at pilot town) we're going to see rapidly rising levels again. Also the freshwater input coming down the river is getting worse every hour, tons of rain. Due to the rain surge doesnt even have to rise for the river to rise...

http://tidesonline.n...st, SW Pass, LA

Mississippi river up to 11.5 ft in New Orleans as of 9 pm CDT, thinking army corps dude flat out lied to the weather channel about river levels dropping.

http://water.weather...&output=tabular

As I mentioned at the time he spoke the level had actually dropped at Pilottown in the previous hour.

Also keep in mind that EM types treat the NHC track as precision gospel - they all have GIS software plotting the track and timing down to the minute and the corner of the street, and he has it fixed in his head that the storm would in fact keep moving NW and reverse wind direction.

I was a bit perturbed at Cantore making a big deal of the Mississippi still flowing out to sea - I mean, the current is so strong I don't think it's possible for it to actually reverse at New Orleans.

And the other thing is that the river can easily keep flowing out to sea but RISE.

Am I reading the Bayou Gauche gauge wrong? Located just west of New Orleans. It says 32 feet?

On second look the map values look buggy, if you click on the individual station for the graphs that 32' station shows missing data, and Pilottown shows 0' on the map but about 6.6' on the graph data.

Archived